17. Unbelievable

Third Person

"You can't be serious," Camila said incredulously as she took a seat after neglecting the offer. She had come to see her overlord for some sort easy reasoning, seeking for an answer that would satisfy her. She hadn't even half expected for him to not be. So there she sat, not believing he had allowed for her to go spend time with the human girls.

"I do not understand you Camila. You were yearning to have time to spend with friends. Now that I give you time to go off on your own you're upset." Simon straightened up in his chair behind his glass desk. He hadn't expected a visit from Camila this early in the day. Especially with the sun warning to come up so early, he had expected for her to have stayed home or at least called. There were only so many things he had control off-- so many things he had knowledge off and one of those thing never seemed to be Camila. She always surprised him. Just with the thought of it, a headache came to form and his hand went straight ahead to rub his temple, to soothe it.

"I- I," Camila was left speechless for a few seconds. Simon without having an underlying meaning in the words he had spoken, had gotten quite an effect on Camila. His words had been like a stab to the gut. Simon had carelessly spoken of her life before the incident with no regards of how she would react. It wasn't meant to be a low blow. He words weren't meant to be anything but just words.

"It's just aggravating me, Uncle, that I had to learn about myself from the human at the complex yesterday," Camila uttered. She infuriated with the idea that a human had to given her information as to who she was. Information that had probably been shared by her uncle Si. Oh how she couldn't fathom as to why he found her so easy to speak of with others, strangers to her now. But he didn't have the time to tell her of herself. He had only offered from antes of herself.

"Camila, dear, as you can see," he motioned to the surrounding paper work and computer on his desk, "I'm a very busy man. I'm sorry if I can't be of any help, but you must understand that I can't always be available to you." Camila felt ashamed by his words. Camila had never thought of it like that. It was not the she had forgotten he had work, but she had ignored the fact that even though he had salvage what was left of her after the incident, he wasn't going to always be there for her. She had formed some dependency on Simon, and she now saw it as at fault. He had more people to care for not someone broken like her trying to find memories after her useless attempt of killing herself. She hadn't even been successful at that. It was her fault why she stood here, in the world with no knowledge of herself. It was both a blessing and a curse. She knew nothing of who she was. But she was welcome to become whoever she felt to be.

"I still don't see why I have to go with the girls to the rink." Camila pulled herself together. She didn't want to take part In her roommate gathering with their friends, girlfriends whatever they were. She felt like a stranger amongst them, especially with the girls.

"You want answers, right?" Simon turned a paper on his desk, he was doing his best to look preoccupied in front of Camila. He couldn't keep eye contact with her without guilt churning his will to speak. He didn't have the luxury to let all his hard work to vanish all because of weak human emotions like guilt.

"Yes." Camila said hope obvious in her tone. She sat there watching Simon. He really seemed busy with the paper before him.

"Well, it seems Perrie knows a lot about you. Maybe for the moment being, you can gain some knowledge of yourself from the humans. That is until I find time so I can answer any questions you have," Simon let his eyes stare away from his papers and meet Camila's. It amazed him how her eyes left abandoned turned to different colors. But it also sent an ill feeling down his spine. Her eyes were sole reminders of what he had done-- of what he was doing. It was not just to her.

"I can't," Camila said dread falling on her shoulders. Just the thought of the girls, her body demanded for their blood. Her fangs swelling her gums. It was hard to control herself around them or any human. Their blood pumping in their bodies was audible to her and it was like a sweet tune, enchanting, calling for her.

Simon watched as she looked down at her hands. He had caught the flash of baleful darkness that had escaped out of her pupils. Bloodlust. Now he knew the really reason.

"Ryder will be with you. I'm sure he can help you control yourself." Simon noted and Camila nodded. He was right Ryder, was always of some help. Maybe even he knew of her.

"So is this a deal, Camila?" Simon asked. He waited for her answer. His eyes began to burn and he did his best to turn it off. It had grown quite the habit to compel his subjects when in disagreement. But he wouldn't do it this time. He couldn't. The only thing he could give Camila despite taking everything she ever had was free will. Or what seemed like enough of it.

"Yes. But when will you come around to meet your end," Camila questioned. For all she knew uncle Si could come next month or a year and he would have still kept his part of the deal. Simon on the other hand had no need to keep the girl out in the unknown. Anymore that it. If his planned went accordingly the girls would grant Camila information about her life. All he would have to do to is add some minor details and she would be set. Camila would no longer be in search of anything else. He couldn't have her meddling into things that were hidden for her own good. This was all for her benefit. That's the one thought that made his guilt subside.

"I'll come around sometime tomorrow," he said easily. Camila took the information in.

"Okay."

"Well make sure Ryder calls me before you head off this afternoon to the roller rink, so I can inform him of some things. Make sure to enjoy yourself Camila, because I will be needing you to get back to your work soon. Your fans are getting quite worried." Simon explained and Camila nodded. Now, she looked forward to seeing the girls, they offered some information of herself and she would soon learn of all of it tomorrow.

Simon smiled at her as she stood up and left. How much he wished this could have all been differently. He shook his head as if to discard those thoughts. He had work to do and plans to carry. Doubting himself would help him-- not now. Not ever. But it couldn't help that Matias words of warning kept surfacing. If he wanted assurance of his plan he would need Matias on his side. He needed him on his side and he needed it now.

****

How did you like this chapter? Simon is in anyway going to help Camila learn of Mackenzie. He's to wrapped up in himself. Nonetheless, he does care for her as twisted as he is. Comment below. I miss you all.