51. Numinous

Third Person

        He twist and tussled in his bed, all his thoughts swarming his dormant mind. The more he continued to stay grounded in his sleep the more his thoughts molested his sleep. One last turned and it was enough for his eyes to snap wide open. He wasn't going to get any sleep at this rate. The few hours he had were going to be the only consolation he would have. 

        "Ugh," he groaned, as he swung his legs over his bed, covering his face with his hands. He was glad he had his own room or he would have a lot to explain himself for-- lie. Just whelming over the hypothetical situation made him groan once again and lied right back. 

        "She glowed," he whispered to himself, a smile playing at the edge of his lips unconsciously. She had glowed and he had not knwon what to do. He had simply sat back and watched her. He had stood vigilent of her as she slept. As he had kept watch, his thoughts went back to the past, to the memories he pushed all the way in the dark corners of his mind. Kenzie. Mermories of her poured in and he shed a few tears remembering all the great times he spent with her. All the memories warmed his heart and cleared his mind. 

        "Mate." He had uttered and he had not felt any remorse in saying it. He had yet to feel regret. They had been given a second chance to fix their mistakes and though they had tried to push her away, he now understood that they were making the same mistake over again. 

        That was what was keeping him up. The idea that he new found mate was in the arms of another. Camila was at the arms of Ryder instead of his arms. But it had been their fault. Or most of the them for that matter. But what could he do about it. Camila wasn't the only thing he had to worry about. What was he going to say to Danielle? What would he say to his band members for that matter. He was head of them, by default. Louis had gone mad not being able to deal with all the stress of getting back into touring, Zayn refused to acknowledge anything that didn't include either Perrie or Kenzie for that matter. The others-- Niall or Harry, he had a feeling they had gone on their own hike despite how they had prohibited each other from thinking of the whole Camila matter. 

        "I need a walk." Liam propped himself up with his elbows, lazily standing up and quietly walking out of his room. 

        "Louis," Liam was surprised to find Louis sitting in the living room watching Telly. Louis turned at the sound of his name being uttered, locking stares with Liam. 

        "Hey Li, what's up? You couldn't sleep or something?" Louis waited for Liam to respond though he was anxious to return to his show. 

        "Water," Liam lied and Louis nodded his head returning his attention to his show. 

        "Oh. Can you get me a cup too." Louis asked and Liam was forced to get a cup of water for Louis and himself. As he poured the water, Liam tried to grab hold of the situation. Louis was up watching the Telly, when only hours ago he was sound asleep tired to the bone having spent the day with Camila. Liam hadn't noticed he was shaking until he felt the cold water splash over and land on his palm. He immediately stop pouring, was quick to get a rag to clean his spill and grab the cups making his way back into the living room.

        "Are you sure you're okay Liam?" Louis asked as he grabbed his cup from Liam's hand. Liam took a seat reluctantly, wanting to be walking about instead of in the living room. 

        "There's just a lot on my mind, Lou." Liam said truthfully staring at the Telly, pretending to be engrossed in it. Louis tore his stare away from his show and watched Liam carefully. Liam wasn't one to keep things to himself. Not as far as he knew him.

        "Tell me. I'll understand." Louis lowered the volume on his show and Liam looked back at Louis. How could Liam receive aid from his band mate who had lost his mind? Liam thought about it. It couldn't hurt him telling Louis how he felt, it wasn't like Louis knew what he was referring to.

        "I think we were wrong." Liam began and Louis stood quiet simply nodded. He knew it was the for the best to let Liam vent and after he was done he would try to give him words of comfort.

        "No. We were wrong. And now we're committing the same mistake, again. We're just letting all our pain cloud our judgment. We can't live forever like this," Liam ran a hand through his hair. 

        "I can't live forever like this. I know Kenzie loves us. But I can't wait...I can't stay seated on the sidelines as another steals our mate." Liam murmured his eyes lingering on Louis for just a second before he buried his face in his hands. He sighed, feeling much more alleviated than moments before. 

        "Liam.." Louis spoke softly. Liam acknowledged Louis with a small hum.

        "Liam, Kenzie is dead. We all have the right to move on. And we did, we sorta did. I moved on with Eleanor, Zayn with Perrie, Niall is pining over Camila and you're with Danielle." Louis uttered. 

        "But if you think we're wrong by not accepting Camila as our mate, you have the right to ignore our agreements just like the rest of us have selfishly acted several times in the past. If you want to go after our mate go ahead. I'm not stopping you. Zayn will probably be furious, but he's just a hypocritical idiot that will come around." Louis continued and Liam puled away from covering his face. He kept a blank expression on his face though he was actually rather shocked by the things Louis was uttering. 

        "Lou?"

        "I'm serious Liam. I know it was wrong of us to say to stay away from Camila. But we should left it to us individually what we wanted to do with it. We acted on impulsion and didn't give it a real thought. What I'm saying Liam is that you can do what you want. I'm not stopping you and you shouldn't let you worry you so much. Do what you think is right. I think I'm going to go to sleep now. I'm going to call Eleanor early in the morning tomorrow." 

        "Lou..." Liam stopped himself. Louis was better. He was so much better. Now he couldn't ruin that with his news. He couldn't tell his bandmate that due to his temporary madness they had called Eleanor on his behalf saying that he couldn't handle being in relationship with her. 

        "Yeah?" Louis looked back gray eyes more clear than they have ever been.

        "Good night." Louis smiled. 

        "Good night, Liam."