12. Re-evaluate

Camila

"A picture will last longer," his lips moved and I made sure to look else where. He had caught me staring, but what else was there to do standing in the middle of elevator, with a stranger by your side. It was a precautionary thing— he was still a stranger. 

"Stranger danger, so don't flatter yourself," was the best I could muster up. He just chuckled at my comeback. He shifted his weight, so that most of his weigh laid on his left foot. I was quite surprised that I was capable of noticing small things like that. 

"Why are you laughing" It wasn't really that funny,I asked growing irritated of how long we have both been locked in the metal box— irritated of him as well. He took a breather and just kept his almond colored eyes, staring straight at the metal doors of the elevator. 

"You and I both know, we're way past the whole stranger level. I know your name, you know mine. We spent a whole night together trying to teach you how to control your heightened senses," Ryder played with the little chestnut curl that fell above his eye. Still, he kept his eyes from every landing on me. 

"Yeah, well, you're still a stranger because I still have no reason to trust you," I stated and he scoffed. It was like he knew how to push my buttons. I crossed my arms, and stood there impatiently waiting for the elevator to reach ground level. 

"No reason to trust me? Babe, I would have thought bringing you blood and helping you get back into routine was enough. I see you're the trust issue type of gal," he said, teasing apparent all over. I could sense that little quiver at the end of lips, giving me the visual of that grin of his. 

"Just because you gave me some blood and helped doesn't mean I need to trust you. It wasn't like you were doing it without something in exchange. Simon, was sure to reward you for doing your job," I said bluntly and he didn't object. He stood there, hands in his jean pockets and white tee, hugging his well built body. 

"You're right, I was just doing my end of the bargain. Still, this wasn't part of it. I was not suppose to end up at your home, with no shower or chow. Seriously, how will I look coming out of this place with the same clothes I came in with last...night," Ryder drawled the last part as the doors of the elevator opened and we were introduced into the lobby. The lobby as big as it was, and furnished; it was not made to keep anything from the public eye. The front walls were of glass, much like it's doors. There was squealing taking place, screams, clicking of cameras, every possible noise happening outside was registered by my ears. 

"Camila. Camila...Camila! Earth to Camila, c'mon," I was still rather entranced by all the commotion happening on the other side of the glass, that I had not noticed that Ryder was literally dragging me towards the front desk. 

"Hello Mr. Blaine, nice to see you here," the lady in behind the front desk said as she was learned to practice, with that practiced smile pasted as well. But I couldn't hold my attention off what was happening on the other side of the wall. 

"Nice to see you are well Ms. Reid," the lady broke the trance briefly and I managed to offer her a nodd and a smile. Ryder saw how distracted I was, how much it all was becoming overwhelimng for me. I tried to keep myself from cringing. It was becoming hard. 

"Yes, nice to be here. We were just heading out and I remember leaving some sunglasses here," Ryder began to explain and the rest quickly fainted into thin air. The screeching of tires, the clicks of the cameras, the gears and buzzing of electricity all joined to form the worst type of torture. 

"Thank very much," Ryder said and I was being dragged once more closer to the havoc takening place on the other side of the transperant wall that was helping.