54. Obscure

Third Person

There were many things that were not said and it was all the result of the inability to trust one another. Even those who believed themselves to be honest, even they had secrets. Their secrets were the most lethal. Secrets that were capable of questioning everything they knew, question everyone they love, question themselves. But the question that never arose was why.

"Liam," Ryder who sat in the strange living room, uncomfortable being in an environment he wasn't acquainted with tried to find something for him to do then sit their awkwardly. The brunette that paced back and forth in the kitchen, heard his name uttered and acknowledge it with a hum.

"Do you think he'd have a talk with me now, or should I give him more time." Ryder didn't know the lad any more than he thought he knew the vampire he was having a conversation with. Ever since Janice gathered them together in the very same living room he dwelled, not one of the vampire under the same roof were the same. Janice's mere presence was an ominous reminder that they were all under his eyes, all their moves, he had a counter move.

"Give him a few minutes," Liam who continued to pace back and forth, kept an ear on the conversation happening a couple of doors down. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, nor was it eavesdropping if they— Camila and he had agreed to leave the door open.

"Liam," the same name was uttered again, this time another voice joined the environment. They were all there, they had all witnessed the events that had unfolded and now they all sat around under the same roof in dread. He brushed a hand through his already ruffled hair, placing his hands seconds after on temples rubbing them soothingly.

"Harry," Liam responded standing leaning over the counter, gazing at the marble like if all his answers lied in its intricate patterns. He laughed monotonously at his thoughts that maybe he was losing his mind. His soft brown eyes were filled with pain as he grimaced at his own bad joke. He was content that his actions and thoughts were hidden from the others.

"What are we doing now?" Harry mumbled his head supported by his hands, his stare never leaving the floor. Ryder who sat not far from him meant not to laugh tried to cover it up with a cough, but that had been enough to catch the tussled hair boy. Piercing green eyes stared directly back at him, the urge to change the color of his eye stripped him bit by bit but he refrained from doing so.

"First things first, we need to find help for him," Liam refrained from saying Louis's name completely aware that Louis could hear them just like he could hear him. Niall who had quietly sat back in his seat on the other side of the seat he shared with Harry, closed his eyes hoping that when he opened them once again everything would be gone and he'd be in his bed, like if it were all a dream— a nightmare.

"Isn't that why he's here," another voice join the melody of conversation that flowed between the vampires. He stood in the corner of the living room away from the eyes of all who sat around in the living room. His eyes were closed but unlike the other he wasn't trying to brush all the events away, he was recreating the moments that brought happiness that could help wipe away his mind and heart clean of everything else. His left hand jammed in his pants front pocket, holding the object he kept hidden for so long between the grasp of his fingers aiding his memory.

"He has a name." Despite the eerie mood that had clouded them all, Ryder didn't plan on letting it influence him. It would be a lie for Ryder to say that he did not the least bit enjoy being in their presence and getting under their skin. Ryder relished knowing that he could make them lose their cool. Zayn didn't even hear Ryder's retort as his mind resided in another place, not that he bothered to return to the present.

"Yes," Liam took the moment to make his entrance and make himself visible to those in the living room, "Ryder is here to help him, but what I meant to say is that we need to help him as well." Liam kept his voice stern, direct. Niall open his eyes immediately as he felt Liam's presence loom closer. Harry removed his gaze from the stranger who sat in his presence and met Liam's eyes, giving him a reassuring nod.