6. A Trigger

Camila

There was nothing more normal, I guess is one way of wording it, when it came to dislodging and placing things back into their rightful places. The room, as Simon had described it, was fill to full capacity with boxes, each labeled specifically with a dark and bold black marker. I scanned through the closer boxes for my name but those were mostly for the boys. I walked in, carefully to not tip over one of the piles of boxes. I had examined almost every box in my way until I reached the end of the room where almost every single box was labeled with my name, Camila.

"Camila! Camila! Where are you?" I still had no register of the voice, but his fragrance made it easy for me to recognized him.

"Is that suppose to be some sort of trick question? Because I'm pretty sure you can tell I'm in here, as much as I can tell you're in here." I answered as I tried to think of someway to pull my things through this room and into my own room. 

"Right. So the others thought that you could pick your room first," the blonde boy said it more as a question, his confidence in speaking to more wavering. 

"Alright, thanks I guess. But, would you mind helping me gather my things because I can only carry so much," I gestured to the abundance of boxes dedicated to me. He looked at me for a moment still a bit fazed that I had acknowledge him and asked for his help. 

"Uh, yeah, sure. I guess." He scratched the back of his neck nervously. 

"Aren't you so articulate," I teased as I grabbed a pile of boxes and shoving them his way, he took them and I took a second pile for me to take. 

"Are you sure, I can take any room?" I tried to make conversation as we made our way towards the unoccupied rooms. I wondered where the other were, because I knew for sure we were locked in here. Zayn had even tried to get through a window, but the windows were vampire proof, not even sunlight came through. 

"Yeah, the others don't care which room you take," he answered. As we got closer to the rooms, I set my pile of boxes aside in the hallway, ready to take a look at the empty rooms. There were exactly four bedrooms and I stood there between all four doors. Two doors to my left, two to my right. As I stood there, something picked at my memories. I closed my eyes for a moment and I saw a glimpse of something.

"This was meant for you. I knew this would be of some use."

I blinked and swallowed. I had been here before. I sensed it. I had been here before. I stared at the doors, examining each closely.

"Camila? Are you okay?" the boy placed his boxes beside my own and came closer.

"Yeah, fine. I just thought of something. I can just take any room. A room is but a room. It doesn't matter which one right." I tried to keep his rising worry to fade. He nodded.

"You're right."

"Anyways, it's not like I'll remember what type of rooms I liked. I can't seem to remember anything important for that matter." I said bluntly. I turned around, my eyes set on the room I saw in my sliver of a memory I had recollected. A black maple door, with a brass door knob, intricately decored with rare symbols.  

"I think— I'll take a look at this one," I went forth to open the door, and as my hand settled on the door knob a quick jolt ran through my arm. I did my best not to flinch or grimace for it would send blue eyes behind me to call Uncle Simon. I need information, and I had to gather it on my own. I turned the knob waiting for another jolt to run through my arm once more but nothing passed through. The door clicked open and I let the door swing open. As I opened the door, I found myself in a room where in contrast to the door it was filled with serene decor. White wooden furniture, one wall was made of the same glass the windows were in the lvingroom, a bed big enough for four people to sleep together without moving and a light strip adorned the top corners of the bed room. It was simple but perfect. The drapes were a marroon shade, a dark red, that reminded me that I still had to feed and it also awoke the small reminder that blood had caused the apparent amnesia state I was in. 

"Woah, this room is awesome," blue eyes walked in heading straight towards the bed and flopping back into it. 

"Yeah I think I won't have to be persuaded to take any other room. I think I'll just take this one," I murmured as I stood hand pressed on the glass wall staring at the rest of the city bustling below me. 

"Okay, you want me to grab the rest of your things out from the other room?" blue eyes asked. I just nodded and soon I heard the faint sound of air rushing before he was gone. 

"Nice room," I had not even been surprise to hear him walk into my room uninvited, breaking the peaceful environment I stood in. 

"Thanks," I refused to fall into his petty arguments at this moment. 

"You know, I would have picked this room for myself. But I guess you have the same taste as I do," I watched the city as I felt him take the spot next to me, closer to the drapes that were pulled back.

"Oh."

"This room for some reason just feels—" he stopped speaking momentarily trying to find the best word to finish his sentence. 

"Right." We both said in sync. I looked his way just for a moment, his brown eyes melted, the ice residing for just a moment.

"Yeah, well— just don't be loud, I'm taking the next room." His whole demeanor changing back to its apathetic state and he dashed out of my room like he hadn't been there before. I stood there confused. Why had he even come in?

"Camila? This are all yours, do you want me to help you put things away as well? Or do you- Uh, Camila are you okay?" blonde boy walked in pushing the rest of my things inside the room. 

"Why does everyone ask that? I'm fine. I might have lost my memory but it does not mean I'm not okay. Ugh. Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you like that. It's just this is a lot to take in for one day." I tried to explain. Blonde boy came closer, he seem a bit confused whether he should hold me or stay away. He chose to place a comforting hand on my shoulder. 

"I get it. You might not think I do, but not so long ago, I went through the same. I was fine, but since I had scared almost everyone with almost dying they always made sure I was fine. It's there way of making sure you're still here for them." I felt his blue eyes bore into the side of my face. 

"Yeah. But you don't know me. Nor do any of you know me. Uncle Simon is the only one that knows me. He's the only one who knows who I was before this. Yet, he refused to tell me about my own life. He's always worried about me, if I get dizzy, he's ready with some sort of concoction to cure it. He's there for any ache or pain. All I want is to know about myself. Is it really too much to ask?" I felt a tear fall down, caressing my left cheek as it made its way down. 

"It's not. But sometimes, returning to the past, to the reasons that made you do what you did, can resurface feelings that might make you want to commit suicide again. Uncle Simon knows why he does the things he does. He might not always make us do things we like to do, but he is watching for our better interest— for our well being." the brown- blonde boy spoke the last words more to himself and I could tell that Uncle Simon had also kept them aloof at moments. We were all under Uncle Simon's control one way or another. All I wanted to know was what my life was before my accident.