19. Exchange

Simon

It had quite the surprise early in the morning with Camila's unexpected visit. The spontaneous visit had shaken me out of my normal state of mind. Naturally, Camila was bound to-- created to serve as one of my subjects. Yet, she had quite the stubborn mind. She had walked into my office without an invitation, without a single hint of fear. Entering uninvited was punishable by vampire law, it even death. Just this small shift in her character could tip the balance and drive her down memory lane. One that could only lead her to her permanent death. One I wouldn't be able to keep from happening-- anymore. Despite that I did not seek aid from Matias, like I knew was my best option. Bu I was in no mood to deal with his sarcasm or curiousity, that I still couldn't help but wonder why it hadn't killed him yet.

"Curiosity, my dear friend..." I sat straight in my chair, scanning my office for the origins of the voice. There wasn't a being in sight. Nothing my nose or hearing could sense. I was being affected by work and Camila that now I was imagining things.

"...is what made me who I am," the voice came loud and clear filling the room completely. I flashed out of seat, heading towards the other end of the room and swung my arm. It swooshed through the air. Laughing became audible from behind me and I knew that laugh. 

"Oh my god, this never gets old," he choked through his snorts. How red he turned when he laughed was just shades lighter from the color of his hair. I dashed towards him, ready to wring his neck and the second I reached him, he disappeared. 

"Missed me-- by this much," I turned to see him seated comfortably on my chair, legs lying on my desk, his arms behind his head. He stared at me with amusement in his eyes. He was trying to get a reaction from me. 

"Get out of my office," I said bluntly and he faked being offended, hands clutched to his chest. He pushed the chair from under him and he floated in the same spot. It was like he enjoyed relishing in magic. It was putrid, how he possibly loved playing with it like it were some toy-- something so harmless. 

"Ah, is wittle Simon, scared of magic?" He made his way towards me his feet never touching the floor. I narrowed my eyes at him, he was never one to take anything, not even a warning seriously. But what can be expected from him, he never succumbed to appear his age.

"What? The cat got your tongue, old chap, I can fix it for you," he rose, getting closer to the ceiling and his hands made a swift motion. I felt the light tingle of his magic and I watched intently. Nothing happened. I looked up at him. He seemed surprised.

"What have you done, Simon? What have you done, that I have no knowledge of?" He flew, examining full 360. I pulled out a necklace from beneath my buttoned shirt, giving him full view of my gift.

"Ah of course, the lovely gift I gave centuries ago, for a whole distinct situation. Didn't know you kept it Simon, dear. I thought you'd have forgotten it." The red head, flicked my nose and disappeared once again. But not before materializing on situated on a chair in front of my desk.

"Yet, you have it-- on. Makes me wonder, what magic is it you are guarding yourself from Simon. It can possible mean you feel threated my moi," he stated and I just pushed aside his show aside. I had to grow accustom to his foolishness.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I made my way towards my chair, ignoring his statement. It looked like getting him to leave wouldn't come to happen anytime soon.

"I see-- cut short and straight to the point, now." He grinned, a crooked smile flashing. How he played with his powers distorting himself and perfectionizing himself. It had no affect on me. I had learn to keep a serious face for centuries.