24. Aid

Third Person

It was just the crack of the rising sun, beams unable to penetrate through the thick curtains any less the intricate windows especially made for the creatures that lived there. Every fragment of what was left of their souls laid in rest, the very pit that was set inside left on standby. It was at times like these that the beasts creeped into their inner most thoughts and tried to consume it all. It was like a lion ready to pounce on anything that look like prey, their ultimate goal to become dominant.

One mumbled incoherent things in his sleep as he tossed and turned in his sleep. He fought in his very own thoughts-- in his dreams to wake but it was becoming a continuous adamant fight. No one else knew of the constant internal wars he went through and he wouldn't dare to speak of it with anyone. It would make him a spectacle in their eyes-- an exhibit of what carelessness and incompetence would make out of a person.

In the other room, there was another who slept with ease. An ease that was also of torment for him. How was it that he seemed the less affected by all the occuring events? He still had memories of her. Of times where she was with them, of the euphoric moments. He wished selfishly that he would have done what he had wanted to and stolen it- let his greatest desires run amidst and now instead of sleeping, be relishing on the moment of flesh laying on flesh. Of what he imagined would have been a spark- of the sensation of fire running through him. However, all he had was his imagination which he was careful to let loose. With his beast encaged he wasn't afraid of sleep. All he feared was that he couldn't be of aid to the others.

Amongst the well acquianted band mates was the new member, who easily found it so easy to stay away from them. The hostile one always seemed to get under her skin. The others were strangers to her. Even with several days spent with them, they didn't seem make any progress in the friendship department. She wasn't really bothered by the idea of not having their friendship. It really didn't matter to her. How could she?

Much unlike the lads, and rather strangely, she awoke early. Her internal clock fought to cease her foolish thoughts of waking up. Still, she pushed on and without drowsiness dragging her movements she quickly grabbed her cellphone off her nightstand. She frantically typed in her password, she urged to see her notifications. There weren't any. Her blue green eyes freely changed color without a care in the world. The blue green color turned into dusty brown matching the foul mood she was in. Yesterday, she had repeatedly called Simon trying to notify him of the good news but every time she called she was sent straight to voicemail. She had texted Ryder, and expected to get an immediate message back. It was six in the morning and her message was the only thing that laid in her message screen between Ryder and her. Frustration began to take over her. Simon had pushed her to tell him of any flashback, ache, scratch, cut, you name it. This time when it was most urgent he didn't even bother to return a call.

"Great, yeah. Let the memory-less girl try to solve her own problem," Camila grumbled as she tossed her phone somewhere at the end of her bunched up duvet. She felt like a damsel in distress helpless, and hopeless because neither one of her customary heroes were in. That frustration she felt slowly escalated into anger. She grew angry at herself for her stupidity. She went back to origins of the problem-- of the dead man's blood. If she had never tried to kill herself, in the most cowardly way, she would be either dead by some other method or alive. Camila even bothered to go further back and blame it on love. If she hadn't love her mate...but she stopped herself. She laughed at her stupidity and buried her face into her hands. How ludicrous had she become to blame her problems on her dumb emotions?

"Maybe I should turn it all off. Maybe it'll solve all my-" a light knock, it seemed almost a shy one, caught her attention interrupting her from talking herself into succumbing to what lurked in the deepest and darkest corners.