27. Cohort

Third Person

Things had a way of coming into light, it would all ultimately be revealed. But the things- time, memories- they weren't at anyone's disposition, not even nature. They were dominated by those who had the advantage of knowing, the things magic, with the right people could do. It was so easy to manipulate everything around them- they were the puppeteers and those in their surroundings were either the puppets whose strings were being tugged on or props that made things seem natural.

"Eventually Simon, you'lll have to face the truth. You will have to tell her," a man shifting into an adolescent stated as he gracefully changed into one of his many forms. Simon who was working on measuring the ingredients to make the powerful concoctions stopped.

"Is that a threat?" Simon didn't even turn to acknowledge how the spoken words had actually rattled him. He had not given a second thought of ever telling her the girl the truth, ever. He couldn't possibly ever come to agreement with his own conscious, or what was left of it, to find the best way to tell the girl of the atrocities that were done to keep her alive. Just so that she would become her own demise.

"Threat?" The dark longed haired boy with the most prominent yellow eyes, ones that resembled the morning sun chuckled. He was tied to his word to help the man whose back was facing him.

"It's not a threat. It's a suggestion. You know as much as I do that you can keep events from happening with magic. But they will never be erased from the time line. They will happen. Fate is written and it can't be changed. She will find out the truth." He shared his wisdom with his long timed friend. In response, Simon who did not want to hear of what Fate had up its sleeves, slammed one of the glass containers against the wooden table.

"Then we will make sure she doesn't find out any time soon. Matias, you of all people should, being a seer," Simon mocked the other powerful being in the room, "know that all I'm doing is keeping my word. If I don't keep my word, the consequences I will have to pay will be high." Simon watched his friend from the corner of his eye. Matias still with his long hair stood silent as Simon spoke of the rules they had to abide, every magically thing had to abide when giving their word.

"Ah, but I've known you for far too long to know that you couldn't possibly be doing this from the bottom of your heart and not be thinking of your own selfish desires Simon." Matias who walked to the other side of the room made his way to the various of objects he collected over the centuries he lived meagerly looking through them.

"The truth is something you are really skilled in morphing into your own little stories, but you can't lie to me Si, I am a seer," Matias used Simon's own words against him. Simon who had resumed in measuring the last bits of ingredients he needed shifted over to the next table trying to gather the tools to mix the ingridients in. Matias new found words did not have much of an impact to him this time around. Simon with time, which was all he had in abundance of, learned various skills- one of them being able to relent stories without being caught as a liar. However, Matias was the exception.

"I think we should be worried about getting the girl from remembering anything else instead of my personal qualities," Simon pushed the comment away. It was easier to push some things away instead of indulging Matias. Indulging, would later end up in making some sort of deal with him and that was the last thing Simon wanted to do at a crisis like this.

"Of course. Put the tools and ingredients all on the counter over there," Matias pointed to the other end of the room. Something in the back of his mind picked at him and he couldn't quite understand what it was.

"Everything is set, now get at it," Simon stood far enough from the counter to keep away from the magic and close enough to watch Matias carefully as he performed whatever rituals were needed.