32. Glitch

Third Person

"Let him go, he's mine."  Camila's first words- their origins known- the part of her that held on tight to her humanity knew the torment that went along with fighting something that was part of them. However, the words that followed, her mind hadn't even registered them when said. Those words rooted in the pit of her subconscious- a place she couldn't roam into freely, struggled to surface above the facade of life who came to be Camila. Seeing their soul mate, triggered emotions that Camila had no control over. 

Everyone who stood there watched closely. Their souls rattled in their chest as they recognize who was speaking. It was Kenzie. It was her. Yet, their eyes saw a red head with eyes of opal. She couldn't be her. They couldn't accept that. 

"Kenzie..." it was only a whisper stuck in that moment. A whisper was all it took and the girl stood frozen. Inside her mind, the person she believed she was- the person she was certain she was fell under utter confusion. She couldn't understand the things that were happening. She couldn't understand why her body wouldn't do as she wanted. She could sense something was hidden underneath all. Once her ears her the word- the name- her body was no longer under her domain. She was a passenger in her own body. But that wasn't right. Because she wasn't the passenger- it was her, and she couldn't understand her. Kenzie didn't know of Camila and Camila didn't know Kenzie. They were the same person but they could live at the same time.

"Niall," she responded and the familiar blue eyes settled, his hands loosening their grip on the vampire who study them quietly. He watched as the red head responded to a name that didn't belong to her- to the name of a human he knew was dead. As he watched closely, he noticed her eyes. Her irises were erratic, shifting colors at every second. He wanted to interject, he knew that signs like those weren't of good notice, but he was bewildered by it all. He thought he had gotten enough information to take matters into his own hands, but he hadn't even scratched the surface. 

"You're here."The red head he had grown fond of stared at the blue eyed vampire before him. He was stable. They stood centimeters from each other staring into each others eyes like they were the only ones. 

"I'm...here..." her words- he noticed the trepidation. In the corner of his eyes, he kept a close watch on the other three who stood there. They hadn't spoken a word. Yet, he could see their need to be close. 

"How is it possible?" Niall chuckled nervously as he held her face between his hands. Niall needed to feel her skin, he needed to believe it. Still his mind fought against everything it knew. He had seen his soul mate dead in her coffin. He recalled her brunette hair and her beautiful hazel eyes. Before him stood a red head with eyes that did not hold color for long. 

"I- I don't know. I-" the girl's mind was a travesty. The more her subconscious fought to be in control the less it was- Kenzie was slipping back into oblivion, back into the pit. She blinked a few times and that's all it took. It was like nothing had ever happened.

"Niall? What are you doing?" Camila pulled away from Niall's hold. Everyone else stood there dumbfounded- like they had imagined it all. 

"I- I'm sorry Camila. I thought you were," Camila raised an eyebrow, "nothing, just thought I saw something in your eyes." Niall spoke rapidly taking a couple of steps farther from where she stood. He tried to think of some sort of explanation. But none came to mind. 

 "Oh, um...okay," Camila walked towards Ryder who acted indifferent to all that occurred. He saw how everyone acted as if things hadn't happened and he had to go along with it, especially if he wanted to find answers on his own.

"Mila, do you want me to help you pack?" Ryder did his best to shift the conversation to something that they all would be familiar with. 

"Pack?" Camila questioned and everything that had happened before the incident she had no reollection of trickled in. 

"I'm going on tour."

"Yes, you're going on tour and you're going to be amazing." Ryder looked at her with a smile. The others who were rather perplexed, watched her, in their heads trying to make sense of what happened.  

"My first tour," she murmured to herself, nerves getting to her.

"No need to be nervous, you'll do great. If you don't believe me, I could call Sophie and-" 

"Sophie? How do you know Sophie?" Harry broke out the trance. 

"Simon introduced us to her," Ryder answered for both of them. 

"Well, we should get to packing," Liam cleared his throat, uncomfortable of all the emotions that played in his chest and his need to alleviate himself before he lost himself. 

"Yeah we should all be doing the same," Louis added, his mind elsewhere. The others didn't wait for a response before they left to their rooms. 

"Don't think I'm not still mad at you," Camila spoke randomly. Ryder chuckled.

" 'Course not. So do you want help packing?" Ryder asked. Camila was oblivious to it all. It ached his heart to see that magic was at play with Camila herself. 

"I, yeah, um..sure," Camila said. Simple fear was all she felt. How much she didn't know of herself. How much was kept from her. 

"Mila, you don't have to be nervous," Ryder tilted her face by her chin. 

"I'm new to this, Ryder. It's all different to me now." 

"Yeah I know. I," Ryder let his hand fall to his pocket and he fumbled through to find the one thing he thought he'd used for something else, "I was going to give you this at another time but today..." He pulled the cold metal piece of jewelry out his pocket and before her. 

"What? What is this?" Camila questioned as she stared at it and then at him.

"I want you to have this. I wanted it to be more special but today will do just fine." Ryder joked and Camila chuckled.

"I'm tired of hearing you talk yourself down because you can't remember who you are. I want you to remember. I do. But Camila,your past won't change who you are to me. This is what the necklace is suppose to be a reminder of. You're Camila. You're Mila. No matter what, you'll be my Mila." Ryder helped her get the necklace on. 

"Thank you," Camila couldn't find words to express her feelings. Ryder smiled and kissed her forehead. 

"Now lets go pack you're things." 

****

Okay, I love Ryder. I want one. I seriously want one. Niall and Kenzie did take part of today's chapter, it wasn't a dream. You think Ryder can find out the truth? What do you think will happen? 

The Only Way ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara