30. Self- Indulgence

Third Person

The lives of all had become part of a much bigger story then they were all conscious of. It was all a show that had gone beyond the own puppet master. He was no longer the one charge, the one directing the twisted events that were taking place. Everything was slowly slipping out of his hands and he refused to see what was right in front of him. He had had gone as far as to succumbed to magic, the one thing he swore to never come in accords with.

Magic. How volatile was the usage of it. How it could help grant the most happiest of endings, but it all came with a twisted cost.  That was the thing about using magic, it came with a price and the price would be paid.

"We're going back on tour." The words echoed nourishing in the silence that filled the room. Five pairs of eyes refused to exchange glances like they were all accustomed to, as the words ricochet in their minds.

"Why?" The word had just slipped out of his mouth and he should have regretted letting it slip. But he didn't. He didn't care at the moment. Dark eyes snapped his direction and he met them straight on. Defyin authority for a moment, his stare forced to waver.

"Why? Do you need reminder as to why you all are seated in this very office at this moment? You were signed to sing-- to complete tours. Not playing house with your girlfriends. If there's a problem with it, maybe the small arangement I made letting you see your-"

"No." 

"No?" Their overseer turned directing himself to the one who had responded. They both stared at each other, pale eyes staring at cold dark brown ones.

"No, there isn't a problem," he muttered. The anger he was accumulated inside him was far beyond what anyone could possibly think he was holding onto. All that anger should have sent him spiraling down a road where he'd leave all his humanity behind. But he was holding onto a thin slip of hope. 

"I see, well you have tomorrow to get your things are because Saturday you all will be on the bus ready for your tour."

"Two days-- I just-- Dani won't-" Liam spoke to himself and hadn't notice he was speaking out loud until he felt the others stares and he grew quiet.

"What about the opening act? Who is opening for us," Niall questioned. Simon who had grown rather irritated of them at the moment, once more looked at Niall. 

"I did say I wanted you all in that bus on Saturday. I mean all of you." Simon responded, in form answering Niall's question. It took a few seconds for them to realize what Simon had meant. 

"Camila," Niall whispered, his thoughts going at a hundred miles per hour as he continued to sit there thinking of the name. He wasn't the only one. All their thoughts had been switched off just at the mention of her name. 

"Does she know?" Zayn uttered. His words came out like toxic waste. Just the mention of her name infuriated him. She was the reason to Simon's decisions. It was all because of her. It was her fault. It had been so easy for her to take Kenzie's place with Simon, with his best-mates. But not with him. 

"I thought you all could share the good news with my Camila-"

"Sir, you can't just barge in their, Mr. Cowell is in a very important meeting and-" the clicking of the door being opened grabbed everyones attention and gradually the door opened.

"I think Simon won't mind me coming in unannounced, right Si," the voice challenged the being seated behind his desk watching as the Dany Zuko look alike sauntered in. 

"Janice, it's alright, Mr.Blaine must have something important to tell me," Simon waited for the secretary to shuffle out closing the door behind her before he continued.