40. Silence

Third Person

"Lux kept saying K'zie." The words Lou had spoken kept turning over in their heads. "I doubt we have to look into that any further. Lux is but a toddler."

"It all could have...if only..." misty eyes stared endlessly at the ceiling searching for answers that would never appear. There had been the slim possibility that everything would get fixed. Instead, the others chose not to accept the inevitable. They denied the facts. Once more there he lied on his bed, incapable of sleeping as the news haunted his mind.

"She can't be...no" coffee eyes couldn't fathom the things that were discussed the day before. He had gotten a lecture of selfishness, then to hear that they possibly had a new mate in there perimeters. He hadn't even been given the time to properly mourn the human girl to even try to think of this new intruder. He was right to hate her from the beginning. They all had been polite when they had first met her. But he knew there was something behind everything Simon.

"Simon," chestnut eyes murmured as he thought who he could trust. Since the funeral, coping with the news revealed had added to the burden he already carried. He had learned from the past that the overlord wasn't someone transparent. No one could tell how he would react if they told him what they knew. Just remembering when they had told him about the human girl, he had told them to stay away.

"Stay away," graphite eyes spoke loud and clear in his quiet room. He recalled those words. This time he knew those words weren't being said by their master. Those words had been uttered in silence between themselves. It was a warning to each other and whomever took the warning lightly would face the consequences. In his mind he knew the warning wasn't fair to any of them. Mate or not they couldn't stay away. It was inevitable to not cross paths with her. She would go everywhere they went. She would be there at every step and if they pushed her away, she wouldn't come back. They would lose her- again. In that second of the moment, he didn't understand his thoughts or whom his thoughts refer to.

"It's not right..." glassy eyes fluttered shut a tear separating from the small body of water, lonely as it traveled down his cheek. He refused to wipe the tear away. In isolation he had the right to cry, he had the right to act upon his feeling. Right now, he was fighting hard against how overwhelmed he felt. It was not right for them to push the facts away like they never existed. The girl was a potential mate and she had every right to know. But the grey eyed lad had made it an order for no one to speak of the topic ever again. Last time they had kept silent, and let themselves lie and keep secrets they had managed to lose the girl to it. They had manage to put one of their lives in danger.

"She should- she has the right to know..." misty eyes whelmed over. He didn't want to lose her. Not her too. He had let the others convince of that it had been right not to tell the human girl of what they were. It had been the right option that time and where had it all end up? He had almost vanished to the obsolete. He wasn't going to repeat the same mistake. Not with her. She was one of them. What did they have to lose? The others would should believe that they had lost him, but it would be a lie they created for themselves so that they wouldn't follow his lead. The others couldn't betray the human girl. They lived in guilt and they were punishing themselves by labelling the new girl as the forbidden fruit.

"I won't let her go," glassy eyed sat up, the lonely tear falling into the palm of his hand. He was determined to get the girl. He knew that the human girl would understand. He could imagine the dead girl urge him to go get the girl. He chuckled just as the thought. His swollen heart became alleviated. He had kept to the lead of the others and stayed away from the girl like the others. But now he would follow what he believed. His blue eyed friend had been right from the beginning, she was dead and he had to move on. As much as he loved her, he knew that she wasn't going to come back.

"Not this time," blue and green eyes said simultaneously as they both rose from their beds. Determination had struck and they were ready. They rid themselves of every contradicting thought as they bathed. They strengthened their beliefs as they dressed themselves. As they both made there way out their rooms, both stopping as they reached their doors. There was no going back if they walked out the door.

"For Kenzie," the green eyed boy took his first step out the door and flashed out. He needed to make things better. The only way he knew how to take the first step as of the moment was figuring out what song. Once he found the song, configure how he'd coax the girl to give him the time of day. That wouldn't be so hard despite his past passive aggressiveness.

"For me," the blue eyed boy finally convinced himself to walk out the door. He rid himself of his negativity. There were many obstacles in his way. One being the other four in what he knew as family. They wouldn't understand. How could they? They tried to masquerade their pain using their ex girlfriends. Maybe they had been taught to do what was best for all. He wasn't one to be selfish. But in the moment, mundane morals weren't going to keep him from doing what he knew was right.

A bush of curls shook as he thought hard seated on the cushioned chair trying to find the right song. Blue eyes swerved side to side as he tried to get dressed, grab his guitar and make his way out towards Janice's common room.

A door opened, silent, green blue eyes peeking in. Once they locked with another pair of eyes she made her way in.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"I'll come back later-" the red head took two steps back as awkwardness filled the emptiness.

"Don't go- I- what I mean...did you want something?" He stammered. The red head gave the question a second thought.

"I wanted to play...a song...but I can play it another time. If you're busy I'll come back-"

"No...I was trying to pick out a song myself. Maybe if I heard something of yours..." He stopped talking once he caught how ignorant he sounded.

"I mean, not that I haven't wanted heard your music- I haven't exactly had the time." He chuckled nervously. Camila hid how uncomfortable she felt with the topic. He noticed.

"Ugh. I'm an idiot. You probably can't remember your songs." Then he stopped.

"You remembered one." She nodded.

****
Long wait. Will update later on today if I get my alone time. If I don't then...well...

Anyway left the bottom part ambiguous as to who she was with. Can you figure it out? Don't forget to comment. From Sleuth to sleuth.