60. Life

Camila

"Mila...babe," I hummed a response before shifting my body away from the source of the sound.

"Mila..." he trailed off and I sighed admitting defeat, I turned around to meet face to face with the lightest brown eyes. His face hovered a few inches away from my own and I resisted the urge to straightened up so that there was not any space between us.

"We have to get up and start packing, the car is going to be here soon and we've yet to eat breakfast," he stated, his hands on either side of my face, supporting him as he lied above me. I groaned at the statement, forcefully pulling the covers over my head.

"Oh c'mon Camila, you and I both know we can't take any more days off. We're lucky enough Cowell gave you these two weeks off. Plus, you wouldn't want to neglect your growing fan base." Ryder mentioned, prying the covers from my fingers.

"Why not," I whined. Yes, I know I was a vampire and what not but I was a still a teenage girl and all I wanted was two more days. Just two. "My fans will understand. Especially since we made our relationship official all they can do is swoon over you." I teased him. Ryder watched me for a few seconds, continuing to keep his straddling position.

"Are you saying that your using me to keep your fans happy?" Ryder put his best efforts to sound hurt. I couldn't help but laugh, the pout on his face too irresistible. Ryder leaned forward, his lips brushing against my own.

"My secret is revealed," I giggled. Ryder pulled back, a rather dazed expression on his face. He shook his head the dazed expression he once had disappearing. He rolled off me and got up from the bed in once swift motion.

"...Are you happy?" Ryder was giving me his back. I sat up in my spot, my back resting on the headboard, worry etched all over my face. Had I done something wrong?

"Ryder..." I crawled across the bed, reaching the edge and swing my legs around so I could stand behind him. Placing a hand on his shoulder, I resumed to speak, "With you, always. Why are you asking? Is there something wrong?" He looked back over his shoulder, his eyes glass like and I became anxious.

"There are some things I haven't told you. I said I would tell you the truth long ago but there were so many reasons why I shouldn't have so I didn't. I know we've discussed this already, how our pasts are behind us but you have to know-" I interrupted him. Tears were pooling in his eyes and it hurt me to see him this vulnerable. For as long as I had known Ryder, the only times I had seen this vulnerable were when he couldn't control his beast. Seeing him cry made my heart hurt.

"Ry, I don't care. I told you already. I don't want to know anymore about my past and I don't want you to burden yourself with yours. I know all you're trying to do is help me and I get it. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I could remember. But they're all just what-ifs." I turned Ryder around, my hands grabbing hold of his own. He opened his mouth to say something but I motioned for him to let me finish.

"I know you made a promise to do whatever to help get my old life back. Now I'm telling you that I'm not holding you to it. I don't want you to help me get my memories anymore. I am happy with the life I have now. I have you and that's all I need." Letting go of one of his hands, I caressed his cheek, wiping away a tear that drifted along his cheek all alone.

"You say that now. What about in five years? Or ten? You might bump into people or places that may trigger a memory. What then? You might regret this moment. I don't want you to put off your past because of me. I promise you two things that day. One, that I would help you remember. And two, I would be with you no matter what. If that's what's actually keeping you from remembering then I'm telling you right now that you won't get rid of me that easy if you actually want to remember," Ryder murmured. Tears were now forming pools in my own eyes threatening to fall. I smiled, tears falling at the sudden movement of my muscles.