Extra - Niall

Third Person

It hadn't been easy for anyone accepting the events that had unfolded due to the fabrication of lies that Simon had created. Simon had not meant to hurt anyone with his lies, but he had also meant to never tell them truth so it was debatable.

Now that they knew the truth, no one could tell how the other would react or maybe they could figure out how the others felt but no one, not even the person themselves knew how deep it ran.

Simone's lies had stirred up hatred in Zayn, hatred towards someone he had loved for. Something so innocent as love like the one Zayn had for Mackenzie adulterated by the concoction of lies Simon had created to save Camila.

Louis was pushed to the brink of sanity, not able to recognize the most obvious things with the streams of memories that gave him the sliver of hope he needed to move on. They all faced different demons but they all shared the scars. Maybe that's why there eyes could never see each other the same way, maybe that's why they had all gone separate ways. They were each a reminder of the things they had become due to the net of lies that were dressed with reality and those things pained the heart as it tormented the mind.

"Ni?" She called out in her sleep as she tossed and turned in her bed.

"Ni." She repeated. Beads of sweat coated her forehead as she trembled in her sleep.

"Niall!" Her voice rose and she jolted up, fear waking her from her slumber. She looked around frantically as she pulled her hands out from the bundle of blankets she lied in. Her eyes were trained on her eyes, examining every inch of her palm for traces of blood she expected to see.

"Ken, babe, you're safe. You're safe." She had been too preoccupied with her thoughts she hadn't registered the boy who lied by her side, holding her between his arms assuring her that she was safe. Assuring her nothing had happened.

"There was so much blood," she murmured as she pressed herself closer into him, her face nuzzling into his neck. The boy held her tighter as if holding her tighter would vanquish all her fears or all her nightmares.

"You're with me now. It was a bad dream, just a bad dream," the boy whispered, knowing that his voice would help calm the trembling girl in his arms. The girl closed her eyes tight, wanting to believe every word uttered to her. But they both knew that those dreams weren't nightmares, they were the reality she didn't wish to face. A time where she had fallen so far, she wa aware that there would be could be no safe return.

"I killed them," she croaked, her throat tightening as the memories flickered through her mind like an old movie. The boy couldn't see her like this, disheveled and torn apart.

He had only got her back five days ago and he knew well enough this was the beginning of her emotional journey. He knew from experience the guilt, the self hatred that came with killing without remorse; of the costs that came with flipping off the switch of their humanity.

"It's not your fault," he countered. He cringed at his own words. It aggravated him when Liam uttered those same words to him when he came back to himself. Liam didn't know the extremities that killing, the blood on his hands tore him apart. Killing created a void, a patch of darkness in the deepest part of his soul that became permanent and grew bigger with every kill and now the girl in his arms was dealing with the repercussions.

"We can get through this together," he added and the girl pulled away enough so that she could take a good look at the boy. Eyes the color of the swirls in Van Goghs Starry Night, watched her, waiting for some sort of response from her. The cerulean twist and tainted eyes were gateways to his mind and soul which she was still unfamiliar with. However, there was something her eyes couldn't resist and latch onto, a gleam of hope that somehow he never cease to have.