5. The Letter

Camila

"Miss Camila Reid, I'm Paul," the stocky and rather jubilant security guard offered his hand in greeting as he took a quick sweep of the elevator and pushed the boys in before me. I shook his hand in respect and walked in after the last boy. Paul walked in shortly after the doors closing after him and the elevator moving. 

"Please, just call me Camila, if I'm being allowed to call you by your fist name," I said respectfully. Paul smiled. 

"It's a bit long no?" He joked lightly, I was indeed a stranger to him, so he watched my reaction closely. 

"I guess. Unless you prefer to call me by something more comfortable for you," I said nonchalantly. I didn't think it was possible for someone to smile so brightly like he had. Most of the boys laughed quietly to themselves but I managed to hear Zayn's groan. 

"Having bad stomach problems there, Zayn boy?" Paul asked in genuine concern. Zayn rolled his eyes and continued to dive into his phone. Though I doubted he was getting any signal inside the elevator. 

"How long is this elevator ride?" Louis asked as he tapped on the elevator walls. 

"Not long, the elevator is running really slow," Paul eyed the elevator ceiling for a few seconds before he returned his attention onto us. He stared at each of the boys closely and I could tell how much he sympathized with them. 

"This elevator is really slow," Louis groaned and Harry flicked him on his forehead.

"Ow! Why did you do that for?" Louis rubbed his forehead. Harry just shrugged and I just shook my head with a smile. A ring sounded through the elevator and the elevator came to a halt. 

"Are we stuck?" Niall asked quickly. He seem panicked. I tried to listen carefully but I couldn't over Niall's loud breathing and Louis' talking. 

"I don't think we're-" the doors slid open and i tumbled out of the elevator falling onto the carpeted floor, with some weigh on my back. 

"Fresh air!" Niall's voice was loud in clear, not far from my ear. 

"Niall! Get off of the guest," Paul scolded Niall, who I recognized to be the extra weigh on me. I felt Niall remove himself from my back and a hand was extended towards me offering help. I took it/

"Thanks," I said. 

"No problem," the boy with almond curls said before he removed his stare from me. I brushed myself off. 

"This is your new complex, each of you have to share a room," Paul began and I looked up an realized that we had stepped out of the elevator and straight into a living room. 

"Woah!" I said in awe. What I had just earlier this morning stepped out of was nothing compared to the size of the complex. If I had knonw any better, this whole floor was just for us. 

"Wait, we have to all share a room," Louis stopped and asked. He pointed to all of us alternatively and Paul laughed. 

"You boys have to share a room. Camilla, here will have a room to herself. But nice try, Lou," Paul chuckled. I finally caught on and felt a bit perturbed. The new flat was just massive. 

"Where are the rooms?" Zayn's monotone voice rung through the living room. Paul looked away from the other boys who had scattered through the room to take a look at the new place, to attend to the dark featured one. 

"They're down the hall to the left." Paul hadn't finished his sentence yet when Zayn became nothing but a blur then disappeared. Paul sighed and returned his attention to the others.