14. Distort

Zayn

" Yes, I believe, Zayn, you give me no other choice," Simon stated bluntly, with no expression painted on his face. I noticed the slight quiver that ran through is, as we noticed the power that leaked from just those few words, letting us know he was more than capable of forcing us to comply to his wishes. Simon wasn't one to just let his power leak so accidently, he was doing it to prove a point. He was showing us that he was willing to take the cost of our hatred of his power of compulsion in exchange that we all moved on. With just a snap of his fingers and a phrase or two he could demand for us to forget everything- who we were and we would never know it.

The anger the swirled through my body- through my mind ceased and my eyes stared straight into his. Simon was capable of doing as he wished whenever he desired. Yet, he never tried to pull our strings in his favor, he let us live as we wanted to. That's when I finally caught sight of it. What Simon had said wasn't a threat. It wasn't a way to showcase his dominance. It wasn't that he was unable to sympathise with us. It was that grief became a constant reminder to him of what he could have avoided, of collateral damage he seemed to blame himself for. His pain went deeper, I saw it in the depth of his eyes and he knew I had. He let me see it for a few more seconds before he looked away.

"I have," Simon began was again clearing his throat, grabbing the other lads attention, "decided that the only way we can both, improve your appeal to the fans and further help your careers is by adding something spontaneous." At the sound of the last word, I knew, we all knew that it wasn't going to be good.

"Spontaneous?" Louis asked, confusion written all over his face. Harry opened his mouth to add his opinion but Simon totally dismissed it.

"Yes, Louis boy, I have found the perfect solution to this. It came to me rather spontaneously per se. Paul should be getting here with it any minute now," Simon wave off the apparent confusion that was taking over us. From one moment to another, like it had been all product of some type of switch within him- he pushed past the sullen thoughts that had filled this room and replaced it with something new.

"It?" Harry whispered the question, directing it to no one in particular. Niall shrugged his shoulders. But I watched as they all tried to keep an intent ear on any sound coming from the elevator. I followed their action but it was all silent.

"Sound proof, remember," Liam whispered and we all practically mentally faced palm ourselves. This was a vampire complex, it was design for our protection. The elevator dinged, cueing that Paul was here- with it. We watched as the elevator door opened. Paul stepped out and then we saw it. It was more like four its.

"Perrie," I questioned and a pale, light blonde woman stepped into our living area and I sat there aghast. Her pale eyes stared straight at me, it took all my strength to look away from her. From behind Perrie, Eleanor and Danielle walked out. Louis and Liam stood up from their seats but didn't make any movement to make their way towards them.

"El," Louis murmured.

"Dani," Liam whispered. Harry and Niall sat there, watching everything unfold. The only person missing from this was Simon. From the corner of my eye I saw Simon, seated in his seat, with a rather satisfied look. He gave a quick glance to each of us and finally he acknowledged the guest.

"Paul, perfect timing. Girls, please sit," Simon motioned to the couch to his left. The girls silently made there way to the couch, keeping their eyes on us.

"Before we can finally get to the point of this meeting, Paul," Paul answered to Simon's call and made his way to Simon's right. He bend down and Simon whispered his orders. I was only capable of overhearing the words watch and bring back before Paul nodded and walked away without directing a word to us.

"So where were we," Simon came back to us. We all sat there awkwardly looking at each other. It was almost a whole year since we have even given a thought on the girls.

"You were going to tell us, as to why you brought is here," Danielle responded and Simon nodded.

"Oh yes. Well we have noticed that when girls get mixed up with your image, publicity runs wild," Simon stated.

"Yeah bad publicity," Harry added.

"Bad publicity and good publicity is still publicity Harry. It really doesn't matter right now which one it is, as long as you have your names spreading over the tabloids." Simon said dismissing Harry's thought. Liam shifted in his seat. I wasn't the only one not liking the idea that Simon had devised.

"You want us to be seen with them," Louis pointed at them, almost in accusation. The girls all shifted in their seat uncomfortably.

"What's wrong with us?" Eleanor retorted. I glanced between Louis and Eleanor. It was like old times, and it was exactly what Simon was expecting.

"Yeah, what's wrong with us?" Danielle asked, eyeing us down.

"Nothing is wrong with you," Liam came to the rescue, more to his own aid, "what Louis meant to say is that this is an unusual request from Simon." Louis didn't say anything.

"How come?" Eleanor pressed on for more information. Louis looked away from them. Harry stared at the center table. Liam was at loss of words. I just watched to see who would lie.

"Because he was the one who pushed us to be single," Niall blurted out the truth and all eyes laid on Simon. Simon didn't even flinch at the accusation.

"Situations change, now I need you to be seen with them. All of you need to grab some attention from the paparazzi. It's for your own good," Simon explained. Harry and Niall exchanged glances.

"What about us? There are only three girls," Harry pointed out. Simon chuckled.

"Yes, I have decided you two will have the liberty of choosing your partner," Simon said the last word loosely. Harry and Niall nodded.

"I guess this sums up the meeting for today," Simon stood up reaching into a bag next to his seat, "here are your new phones, I hope you all disposed of the old ones as I ordered." Louis nodded.

"Niall, make sure Camila gets hers when she comes back," Simon said handing Niall two iPhones.

"Of course."

"One last thing, make sure that when I call, you answer it." Simon walked off towards the elevator walking in, he turned and snapped his fingers.

"See you later boys." With that he left.

"Zayn? Where are we?" Perrie and the rest of the girls looked around, confused. Simon had kept his word, he had done it. He had done it on them.

*****

Any questions? Talk to me. Next part will be in Camila's pov.