58. The Pinnacle

Camila

"What?!" I stared at him in disbelief. He waited this long to break the news. Did he think I was going to take this lightly?

"Camila, I think you should hear him out. You can't possibly make any decisions without knowing the whole story." His soothing voice broke through the tension that was building up in the bus. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I knew I didn't have to turn around to see who it was. I listened to the voice and took a deep breathe in and exhaled.

"I know it's hard for you-" I scoffed. I couldn't believe all the crap that was coming out of his mouth. Hard for me? He didn't even understand the concept.

"It's one thing for me to listen to you tell me this and another to agree with what you had to say. We mutually dislike each other, everyone knows that and you still want him to come and bunk in my bus?" I asked incredulous. Paul who stood a few feet before me, rubbed his face with the palms of his hand in frustration.

"Cam, Louis can't solely be moved from one bus to another, especially to yours without some speculation. The tabloids will go on a frenzy when they see him walk out of your bus instead of his own. I can't have his publicist on my neck as well." Paul uttered. I rolled my eyes, placing a hand on my hip. Nothing he said would make me change my mind.

"Mila, you've got to understand Paul. If we don't agree Louis will continue having his episodes...alone. It's not safe for anyone with Louis in such conditions," hands wrapped themselves around my waist turning me slightly in the other direction, "Paul's job is at stake. He should be informing Simon about Louis and he hasn't. He's trying his best to help us." His hands slithered away from my waist, his hands now holding either side of face. His familiar brown eyes staring into my own.

"I can't just deprive you of a bunk," I mentioned. Ryder rolled his eyes.

"We'll make it work," Ryder stated and I huffed. Nothing was going like I accorded. Today was suppose to be a lazy day on the road, after last weeks worth of concerts I was ready for sometime alone with Ryder.

"Fine. I still don't get why it has to be Zayn," I muttered. Ryder chuckled placing a kiss on my forehead before he pulled me into his chest.

"Zayn volunteered." That was all Paul said before he disappeared. I was left speechless in Ryder's arms. Volunteered? Yeah, right. When pigs fly, would Zayn selflessly let himself be part of entourage.

"Looks like Zayn's turning a new leaf, babe. Maybe you should too." Ryder said and I pulled a few inches to get a better look at his face. Ryder was being serious.

"Not you too." I groaned placing my head back on his chest. His chest shook as he laughed once more.

"They're not so bad. With the past week of waiting backstage with them, while you perform, you learn a few things," Ryder continued. I felt his lips press another kiss on my head. I sighed. Ryder had a point. Within the last couple of days, we've grown closer due to Louis. Louis's inexplicable condition has help tether ties with the boys.