16. Encounter

Camila

"You think Simon is still going to be here?" I asked Ryder nervously picking at my lip. We both had taken the natural way home- vampire speed. We had decided to go back to the complex in respect of Simon's request. 

"I would say yes and he's probably pissed. But then again, he could have left early- he's too impatient." Ryder stated. His words were of some comfort to me. Ryder knew Simon more than I did, it was like they had a history together. Not that I knew of any of it. I didn't plan on prying either. 

"I hope so," I mumbled and waited for the doors to open on my floor. On cue, the door slid open and we were greeted with new faces-- human. Just there smell, the most wonderful smell, teased my nose and I felt my fangs elongate, tips hitting my bottom gum. I could here their blood being pumped, like if it were some arousing tune. I studied each of them, seated on the couch, they hadn't turned to take a look at us. However, the boys gave me a neutral stare before their eyes locked on who I guess was the person behind me. 

"What is he doing here?" bush boy, curly locks, asked, his voice almost a growl. His tone was enough to break me out of the little blood trance I was in and I stepped out of the elevator. 

"Ryder brought me home," I stated. They refused to stand down. Why did they care if he was here or not? Ryder wasn't a threat to them. It was none of their concern if he was here. 

"You're home, you're safe, he can leave," Goldilocks snarled. That was enough to spark anger. I wasn't safe just because they could easily say. They were still strangers to me. They had no right to tell me or my guest to do anything. The more they try to impose their so called authority on me, the more I wanted to do things against their will. 

"I think I should leave," Ryder whispered behind me and I sensed as he turned around to go back into the elevator. I didn't have to look back to grab his hand and pull him back. This time we both stood outside the elevator and I heard as the door clamped shut behind us. 

"Ryder is staying. I invited him over," I retorted. I watched as they glanced between us and then their stare fell to my hand holding his. I noticed as they all tensed up, their jaws clenched and eyes turning dark. But they weren't about to intimidate me. 

"I live here too, so I have as much as you do to invite guest over," I didn't have to point at the strangers who sat on the couch, backs towards us. Louis was the first to thaw. 

"You're right. You have every right," he no longer kept his stare on me. His blue eyes stared straight across from me to the girl in front of him. 

"I guess Simon left," I added and Liam was the next one to come out of the tension.

"Yeah, he left long ago," he wasn't paying attention to us anymore. Zayn wasn't either. It was only Niall and Harry who were still riled up. I let out a sigh. 

"Okay, I'll be in my room with Ryder then, if you need me-"

"Who are you?" One of the strangers finally turned. I didn't expect myself to introduce myself to the strangers. I didn't want to add something else to the list as to why my roommates might hate me. The other two turned as well. The blonde awaited for an answer, her pale eyes staring straight at me. 

"Camila- Camila Reid," I answered. The pale girl, who seemed in composure, sullen smiled, making her pale eyes light up.

"I'm Perrie. These two are Danielle and Eleanor." She pointed at girls who sat next to her. I gave them a smile.

"Hi, well, this is Ryder, um, he's a friend," I fumbled over my words and they giggled. 

"We get it, Cam. So you live with the boys," the more petite of three spoke, straight brown hair settling to the sides of her face.