43. Tears

Camila

"Louis?" My slowly fluttered open. With every flutter my eyesight gradually becoming clearer.

"Yes love," I felt something beside me dip. I tried to sit up, propping up with my elbows but I had no strength in me. Just the attempt sent a jolt up my spin, the pain growing in magnitude as soon as it reach my head. I gasped.

"You shouldn't get up." Louis murmured and I quit trying to sit up. I felt his hand keep me down reinforcing his statement.

"Where am I?" I tried not groan at my own question. How that question irked me. In that past, I didn't even know how much time had passed, that question had been uttered by my own voice more than once.

"Uh...in my room. I didn't want to worry anyone. I was just about to go get Liam or someone if you didn't wake," Louis rambled. I couldn't make his image out. But as far as recognizing voices I knew it was him.

"What happened?" I asked as I accepted the fact that I wasn't going to get up anytime soon. I waited for an answer. I watched the blur, who I assumed to be Louis, as he shifted beside me. I squinted, just to get a better look at him, but it was futile. My sight was on its own schedule.

"I dunno. I saw you- uh- you said you felt light headed and you fainted," Louis had some trouble articulating his thoughts. I nodded. I hoped he had caught me. Then I stopped. Realizing that the thought of hoping for anything from them bewildered. Never had it crossed my mind to feel dependent on Louis. Any less them in general.

"I caught you right before you could have hurt yourself." Louis answered my unspoken thoughts. I didn't want to thank him. I didn't want to be rude. But of all people to to thank for helping me, louis would have never come to mind.

"Thank you." As my vision began to clear, Louis face sharpened from the blur he had been before. As my worried cease to be, my thoughts became a whirlwind. The sight of dried tears on Louis rattled my thoughts-- my emotions. At the sight of Louis, who now kept his gaze away from me, made me want to know why he had tears. I wanted to know what had caused him tears. No, I needed to know. The mere fact terrorized me.

"I- I think I should get going." I chose to ignore what I felt. It was not my concern. What would he think if I asked him? He would have probably ignored my question. Louis turned his head and nodded. Again, I tried to sit up, propping myself up with my elbows. Weakly and slowly I sat up.

"Here let me help you," he tried to keep his sniffle reserved but one managed to escape. Deep inside me, sure must have been my humanity, wanted to help him. Louis got up from offering his hands, for me to hold on. Deliberately I took his hands and a small shock pricked my finger tips. I ignored them, noting that I was on a bed overly covered with blankets.

"You were crying," I whispered as Louis helped me stand. Louis who had been discretely watching me, kept his stare on the ground. I could hold back the statement. It wasn't a question. I could tell he was crying.

"N-no. I h-haven't been crying," he stammered. Louis loosened his hold trying to walk away. I didn't let him. I didn't know why I didn't let him go. It was none of my concern if he had been crying or not. I didn't even know why I was so sure he had cried. But I wasn't going to let him go that easy. They pushed me around too long. I tightened my hold on this hands. Noticing Louis, looked up, meeting my stare.

"Yes you have," I muttered. I drift into his eyes, and I sensed the endless ocean of sadness that consumed him. Oh how the sorrow in his eyes wrapped itself with the grayness of his irises.

"N-no." His stare wavered and I sighed. He didn't want to seem weak.

"You're lying." I let go of his hands. If he didn't want to talk about it, I was fine with that. I wasn't going to pressure him to tell me anything. We were but acquaintances. I walked towards the door, keeping myself from turning around just in case he did want talk about it.

"I- I- please don't go," Louis said loudly. I stopped in my step. I swallowed hard. Louis was begging me not to go. Now I was worried.

"Are you going to tell me why you were crying?" I asked. My curiosity was getting the best of me. Probably if it were any other person, they would have been as well. I kept my back towards him, waiting for an answer.

"I wasn't crying," he ushered. I scoffed. If that was his final answer well then fine. I kept walking until I was on the other side of the door.

"Don't go. I'll tell. Just don't leave me alone," Louis pleaded and I was convinced to turn around and make my way back inside.

"I won't leave you alone, and you better give me some crappy answer either," I made it clear. Louis nodded.

"But you did leave," Louis said, almost a whisper. I furrowed my brows not quite understanding what he was referring to.

"Why were you crying?" I asked. Louis breathed in, his breaths becoming trembles. From person to person, I reached out to him, placing a hand on his forearm in comfort.

"I saw you and I thought 'she's not gone'. But then you fainted and it killed me thinking I didn't even have time to talk with you and you were gone again." Louis' voice cracked at the end, silent tears falling. He quickly went to wipe them off and I watched him. I had never seen any of them be this emotional. I did know how to react.

"I thought to myself. Maybe I wasn't meant to be with you. Maybe I was the cause to why you were gone..." He kept going, his voice becoming distorted with his sobbing.

"It's okay Louis, it's okay. This isn't your fault," I comforted him. At best all I could was hug him, letting him vent out. Hearing him cry, I could sense how much burdened him. Some of the things he spoke off, I could make out. But much of it was incoherent.

"Let it out. Let it out," I rubbed circles on his back. He shook in my arms.

"You're fine?" He asked as he sniffled.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said. I held him until he could compose himself. He sighed heavily and stood silent. I let him rest in his silence.

"Um...would you mind staying with me today?" Louis asked nervously. I raised an eyebrow. If he could blush he would have have.

"Forget I asked." He rushed out. I thought about it. I didn't know him much. However, at the very moment he confide in me. He trusted me. He needed a friend.

"No. I guess I can stay, but I haven't eaten," I said. Louis finally looked up, new found confidence sparkled in his eyes. I examined him carefully.

"Right. We can eat together here-" He caught my scrunched up expression, "or we could eat downstairs in the restaurant?"

"Sounds like a plan. Do you think We can squeeze a shower and some clothes, I'm in PJs, we both are," I added. He laughed.

"Of course." I smiled.

"Okay I'll meet you back here then?" Louis stared back in confusion.

"I'm just going to get some clothes, I doubt you have any," I noted and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, don't take too long."

"I won't, Louis." I uttered. I walked out into the hallway, partially perplexed at what just had happened.

"If you say so, Ken."

***
Indeed, Louis has lost it. He has lost all his marbles. I'm kidding. Let's just say it's best this way. Anyway, comment. I'm here. Don't be shy.