3. The Overlord

Third Person

I'm sorry. 

Those two words were to be kept between the red haired girl and the stiff. But how could they with an audience that were not made to reserve any sort of privacy. The two words were little to meaningless to the five boys who had lived with the girl, who had taken residence in the white marble coffin because this stranger couldn't possibly know anything. She was a stranger. This was in fact a funeral where everyone, even strangers were sorry. However, to the overlord of all six young vampires, they were words that pushed him into high alert. He turned around and kept his dark color shade of eyes, narrowed thought they need not be on the girl. 

"Uncle Si?" a blonde boy took a step forward, away from the other four boys and closer to their over lord. They all had discarded their little cloaks of emotional distress. It had all been enough, they did not desire to be there any longer. but they were all there against their will and they awaited for the dyed blonde to get them their own will back. 

 "Niall," was all the overlord let escape his lips, acknowledging the boy. He could not let anything escape his eyes, not at this moment, not with her. It was the only task he had at this time, and he was not going let anything fail. 

"May we leave?" The blonde asked, his voice concealing all the anxiety he felt being their amongst the dead. Upon, his request, the overlord, just shook his head, negating the request. In seeing that their desire was toss aside, a darked haired boy, and his keen brown eyes, that were shifting in a shade between brick red and musty brown lunged forward. However, he did not reach the overlord for the one who stood beside him had a death gripe on his arm. The one restraining him was far from being cosoled, he wanted as much as the other to attack and get their freedom from the cemetery. He knew better. It was not because the overlord could overpower all five easily just with his words, but because he held respect for the dead-- for the girl he loved.

"You said to come to the funeral. We did, now let us go!" The quiffed boy growled at the overlord who still kept his back towards them. 

"Zayn, we will go once, Miss Reid, is done." His words came out blantly. The rage boiling within the boys behind him, had no affect. In response to the overlords words, all the boys turned their heads to the girl who much like them could hear everything. She was walking towards them, her eyes never settling on them. 

"You are done, I assume?" The overlord hand gestured towards the coffin. The red haired girl nodded. The overlord gave her a hard stare and she let out a sigh.

"Yes, I have no more business being here Uncle Si, may we leave?" She answered as she was taught. The boys ears perked up as to hear the last words that had been said just moments earlier. 

"Camila, dear, you mkae it sound like I have you against your will. We can leave now, but as uncomfortable this is to you, you had to do this for your better nature," Uncle Si explained and it was directed to all of them. Once the words were said the boys ventured ahead of the overlord and his new subject. 

"You had them compelled?" the now brown eyed girl asked, more in amusement and empathy that she had not been the only one. 

"It was more of a favor for them," he turned his head so that they both walked at the same pace but he had given her all his attention. There eyes met and he grew even more proud of his new act, of his new fledgling. 

"They have let their little human emotions take over their lives. Emotions make you weak," Simon stopped the girl, who had sea foam green eyes, placing a hand on her shoulder, "that's why you learn to control them." He dropped his hand and continued walking leaving the girl thinking. 

Had that meant that she could not act like the teenager she was? She had not realized that he had walked farther than she expected that she dashed to reach him. 

"Did they love her?" Her words felt foreign to her. She had no memories of anything that could resemble or pertain to her life, or what her life was made up of.

"It was more than love, Camila. She was a part of them, a piece of their soul," Simon said, his words filled with gloom and his eyes kept looking ahead of him. He was hidding something and it was easy for him to fool others that he was affected by the death as much as the others were. Camila, took in the information like if it was all she had. But it was all she had right the moment, all she had ever known was erased from her memory, even how she tried to kill herself, had all been wiped clean. Dead man's blood.

As they grew close and closer to the end of the cemetery, where the five others stood outside the gate, inpatiently waiting, Camila could not help herself to ask a question that was eating her up from inside.

"Uncle Si, why did I try to-" she could not say the rest. The others even though they did not care to listen, heard her words, and let their ears continue. She knew what they all were, there were no secrets and if she wanted to have secrets she was between the wrong kind.

"You- you," his hesitance to explain seemed to Camila as if it were a rough topic for him to speak of. But in reality, Simon, was trying to come up with the most credible story that would cease any other qusetions she would have.

"You tried to kill yourself because- because your mate was killed. You wanted to get revenge but I would not let you and so you took the only other option," Simon watched the girl as she took her last step out of the cemetery. She was taking it all in. 

In Simon's head, his lie had only been a lie to a certain. He had in fact given only one option. She had taken it. And it was not Camila who he referred to. He had done what he had promised. Maybe even more, but it was for her best interest. She was dead, Kenzie was dead and Simon had in fact had a hand in it.