45. Delusion

Third Person

He had lost it all despite how much the others reassured him that he had not. The thoughts that circled in his mind became more and more incoherent. The line between reality and his fantasies became blurred and that obscurity became a burden he wouldn't grow conscious of. The possibility that he chose to let his fantasies roll over into his reality to end his torment was beyond anyone.

"Louis I think I should go," Camila spoke softly as sleep began to infiltrate her body. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed, her feet slipping into her shoes. If she stayed, she knew she would never bring herself to leave. She had made herself comfortable in the stranger's bed and if she let herself she'd fall asleep right there.

"Okay," Louis who tried to conceal the fact that he had spent the past hours watching her, kept his words short. He didn't want her to think that he was a need-y person. He wasn't. But seeing her here, in his room, with him- alone-- he didn't want to give her up so easily. She was back and she had his for the moment.

"Thanks for everything. I really enjoyed spending the day with you, Louis," Camila smiled. Louis still wrapped in his thoughts, smiled, relishing in her presence.

"Yeah, same here. Let me walk you out," Louis knocking out of his daze, stood up quickly, dashing to the door holding it open for her. She giggled as she walked out, following Louis out the door. Camila knew not of how the boy she followed had become deranged. Concerned with having one new friend, was the one thing in her mind at the moment, that she didn't pay attention to the way Louis acted around her or the certain things Louis spoke about around her.

"Bye, Louis," Louis held the door open for her. She gave him a sweet smile. Enchanted by her presence and engrossed with the idea that the girl before him was someone else, his hand went for her wrist. Tugging on her wrist, Louis kept her from leaving as quickly as she presumed.

"Bye, Love," Louis leaned forward his lips hovering over hers before he settled for the kind gesture of a innocent kiss on the cheek. Camila, baffled for the few seconds, she watched Louis, take a step back before releasing her. Letting out a breathe she had not noticed she held, she blinked and smiled. The friendly gesture assured her Louis was there for her. Inside her, the soul locked as the second passenger, what was a wisp, grew bigger as it sensed the small connection with the boy. Camila walked away and Louis forced himself to look away and close the door behind him.

"Bye, Kenzie," he whispered as he laid back on the shut door and slowly let himself slide down, back against the door. The fragment of silence, where he dwelled in, he recalled the events of the day and smiled, laughing to himself at times. He loved her and it wasn't a surprise.

"I love her," he murmured. Then one thought came to him, which surprise even him. He loved Kenzie so much he'd give himself for her if she'd asked. He'd give up existing if it meant he could be with her forever. The thought ceased to be, as he ran through the memory of kissing her cheek. She was alive and with him. Or so he believed, until his friends, his brothers spoke- inserting ludicrous ideas- doubts into his mind.

"What did you just say?" Harry who had kept busy ever since Louis and Camila had walked in, making himself comfortable in the living room hearing snippets of their conversation, asked.

"I love her," Louis said without a doubt. He stood up quickly, directing himself back towards his room.

"You love her?" Harry had heard what Louis had said. But he had to make sure he had heard right. Harry couldn't understand what had changed Louis' mind.

"I bloody love her, Harry is that so hard to understand." Louis voice grew louder grabbing some of the others attention. Liam and Niall not understanding yet what was going on, chose to give them some time before intervening.