48. Balance

Third Person

Nature was meant to be at peace in every second of time. It was law. Every abomination created knew very well of Nature's laws. Even humans knew of them. There was a balance in nature and if it was deterred,  nature would easily counter a way to regain its balance. The vampires though created to defy time where not any closer to immortality than Achilles had come close to be a hero. There was always some small print or in Achilles case his heel. Vampires were meant to be immortal but it all came with a price. The sun, a stake to the heart, decapitation or dead man's blood could deteriorate that slither of immortality any vampire thought they had approached. And so the balance continued to be kept.

"Simon," the young vampire gazed at the address in his phone and then at the building he stood in front of. It was the right address. He didn't understand why Simon would ask him to meet him in the middle of nowhere in an abandon building.

"Ryder Blaine, what an honor that you could make it." A red head who had sensed the vampire, opened the door enthusiastic to have a guest.

"Who are you?" The vampire didn't take a step further. The call had been clear that he was to meet with Simon. Simon was no where in sight.

"How rude of me. I'm Matias the great and powerful. I'm a very good friend of Simon's.  Now I'm sure you're here because of the call." Matias didn't wait for Ryder to follow him before he disappeared into the building.  Matias new Ryder well enough that he knew he'd followed nkt far behind. And he was right for Ryder couldn't shake the feeling that Matias would be a helpful acquaintance. 

"What have you been feeding my dear Camila?" Matias had no intention in being discrete. If he was going to do what he planned he needednto get it done now without any hesitations. His life was at stake. Ryder didn't know whether he could trust the red head in front of him.  Matias was a friend of Simon's,  his plans could be destroyed if Simon found out.

"Ryder Blaine, I have no intentions in revealing any of your plans to Cowell. To make things clear Simon and I were friends-- long ago. Past tense." Ryder smirked at the new found information. It was a lot like Simon to be a loner.

"I can sense your hesistance Ryder. You don't trust me and I wouldn't put it past you. The Elders have quite the history with taking back their deals. It's really tragic. Nature will get them. She always does." Ryder jaw clenched at the mention of the Elders. No one knew of his deals with the Elders. No one but the Elders, Simon and himself. They continued down the endless hall or so Matias made it seem to be. It was all a trick of his. They had in fact made no progress in approaching his quarters. They had only made it a few steps away from the entrance.

"I wouldn't try anything on me. I'm a sorcerer your abilities are nothing compared to my own. My kind made your kind and my kind paid the price. So don't think I can't hurt you." Matias did not contain a strand of fear in his mind. He had lived for millennias and a emotional vampire wasn't a even the slightest threat.

"What do you want?" Ryder had never encountered someone like Matias before. Matias kind were but stories in his world. Sorcerers weren't to be trusted. But how could he trust his own kind if they never kept their word.

"I want nothing, vampire. I called you because you want something from me." Matias loved the rush that came when others needed him. It was so easy to mess with them, to get under their skin when they need his help.

"I don't need anything from you." Ryder uttered. Ryder grew aggravated as they continued to walk down the endless hall.

"Why do you vampires insist on lying to yourselves. If you didn't need my help Ryder you wouldn't have taken the magic pendants out of Simon's desk." Matias abruptly stopped Ryder colliding into him.