29. Rewind

Third Person

The reaking smell of the grief lured around the very souls of all who stood in the living room. Each and everyone one tainted by the loss of something. The loss of a their love. The loss of a soul-mate. The loss of a family member. The loss of their past life. They all were all quite aquainted with loss. A feeling that went beyond being felt or could ever be explained-- secrets. 

A red head stood their loss of words as she stared at the pale disheveled boy before her. Their color, the very same gray that played with her mind-- with her heart. A feeling she couldn't find an explanation for. But those gray eyes haunted her equally with the little girl she had previously met. 

"I don't think we've ever met," the boy spoke in a whisper. He was physically in the room but his mind was elsewhere trying to grab onto a something, anything that came close to her, close to his Mackenzie. 

The red head couldn't help but disagree with his response. Because she was sure that she had met him before. But she knew she couldn't possibly make her condition known to people she just met, any less push her limits with a boy grieving for his girlfriend.  

"I saw you at the...funeral," the red head spoke carefully. The long haired brunette who stood beside the grey eyed boy nodded and gave her a weak smile. 

"Oh. Right. You're Camila, the best friend...she never spoke about you," he muttered. Camila watched him carefully. His words should have hurt but they didn't. 

"Mackenzie understood my need to not be out, so we both mutually agreed not to speak of each other," Camila spoke, surprised in how much she believed her own lie. She could feel the stare of the boy beside her, one who had kept quiet for a while, but she didn't turn. The brunette who was ready to walk the boy beside her out, smiled easing up to the guest in her home. 

"That's Mackenzie for you, she made sure to stay clear of being known. Even those boy band friends of hers knew," Rosie chuckled at the memories that played in her mind. Camila observed both of the humans before her, they didn't make her feel out of place. They felt like home somehow.

"It was nice to meet you Jayden, thanks for everything Rosie, but we must be going because Simon will probably be asking why we haven't gotten back as of yet," the brunette beside Camila with his coffee colored eyes once more easily lied. 

"It was great to meet you Camila. I'm really sorry about before. You're welcome to come over anytime," Rosie apologized.

"You didn't know." Camila responded and walked out after Ryder who was in his own world. The events that had taken place had his mind spinnning at ninety miles per hour. Everything that happened, every little thing he had saw made him come to certain conclusions. Yet, the things that were said made him retract his conclusions. It all left him confused and he was determined to find his answers, whatever it took. He knew exactly who would know the answers to his questions. 

"Bye." Just like that Camila and Ryder had met Sophie, who seemed to know anything but what Camila already knew-- what Simon had already told her, Jayden, who's presence seemed to tug on her thoughts like strings-- trying to unravel the mess her mind had become. 

"Are you okay?" Camila didn't think that she'd be the one asking that question. But there she was asking it. Ryder who had walked out rather quickly continued walking towards his car, not caring to turn back and answer her question. Camila took a quick scan of her surroundings before she launched towards Ryder and grabbed him to stop. Ryder kept his stare straight ahead, continuing to ignore her. 

''What's wrong?" Camila asked him, forcing him to look at her. His eyes were shifting between all the colors his eyes could become into black. Camila stumbled back and Ryder looked away from her. Everything that was going on his mind was making him lose his cool, lose his control over himself-- over his beast.