25. Resurface

Camila

I was lost in the midst of the pale blue eyes before me. The irritation evaporated like it had never existed. My senses were all muted. I could see from the corner of my eye as we let our hands stay in their intimate position- intertwined.

The longer we stared at each other a weird feeling settled in the middle of my chest- and a pinch feeling in my head. I pushed the latter aside and tried to find in the mess of blues for some sort of explanation- for answers.

"Camila, I came as fast as I could. I probably won't get paid but I'm here Mila." The voice, sounded from afar, broke through the frozen moment, shattering it into millions of pieces. I felt my hand deliberately fall to my side and the pain I had set aside intensified. I felt a sharp pain spread from one corner of my mind to the other.

"Mila!" Hands held me moments before I could fall back. My hands pressed on my head trying alleviate myself of the pain. Eyes clenched shut.

"We need to get her to her room," Ryder voice echoed adding on to the pain. I felt the quick breeze before I heard the click of a door knob. In seconds, I was placed on my back- I was in the comfort of my bedroom. The pain persisted.

"What's happening?" Niall asked worry ecident in his voice. Their voices. They were so loud. I let out a groan in response.

"I don't know." Ryder voice sounded more faint.

"What the f*ck? So you're just going to leave her there?" Niall growled and I tried to shift position trying to distance myself from him.

"Did she have her blood?" Ryder didn't care to answer Niall's questions. I tried to open my eyes, but just trying to take a peek caused the pain to magnify ten-fold.

"Yeah I gave her from our supply," Niall said blatantly and all I wanted was for him to leave. He wasn't helping ease the pain and the his comforting gesture to hold my hand felt forced. I groaned once more as I heard Ryder's footsteps as he paced back and forth.

"I think you should go," Ryder said. I felt Niall shift next to me.

"I'm not leaving her with you; especially since you don't know what's going on with her," Niall countered. His hold on my hand grew tighter. I heard Ryder chuckle. Neither one was making progress in helping me while they stood here together in my room.

"Niall..." I mustered to say weakly.

"Cam, what's wrong?" I could feel his proximity.

"Go..."

"Go?" Niall was confused.

"Just go," it took all I had to say it forcefully. He let go of my hand and he was gone. The door slammed behind him.

"Mila, I'm going to give you something to drink. Drink some, it'll help," Ryder explained. I heard the quick sound of a lock before I felt  being pressed against my lips.

"Bite."

"What is it?"

"It'll stop the pain," was all he said. I bite into it before the liquid sipped in between my lips and down my throat. It was warm, and aroused every sense in my body. The more I drank the more I wanted it. The pain had disappeared still I let myself continue consuming more.

"Mila open your eyes," Ryder's hand cupped my left cheek, his thumb rubing soft circles at the edge of my eyes. My eyes fluttered open and I jolted back from the scene. Ryder's right arm was extended and two indentures on his forearm, that were rapidly healing, where I had bite him.

He watched me. He didn't speak. His eyes kept switching between shades of colors. He shouldn't have done that. To give me his blood.

His eyes still unsettled broke away from our stare and he just composed his sleeve that had been folded up. When he finally looked up, stormy eyes watched me.

"I'm fine. It's alright," Ryder spoke. I didnt speak.

"You're better, right?" Ryder tried to make me reason.

" I could've- you endangered yourself," I shot back. He seriously was taking this lightly. He knew I couldn't control myself.

"You didn't kill me," Ryder said flatly, "now start explaining what you remembered." He laid back on my bed comfortably with his arms crossed behind his head, brushing everything away.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" I was now outraged by his behavior. He didn't even flinch.

"Hmm, not what I asked. Camila, dear, I've gone on long journey just to get here. So please explain to me what's up before I fall asleep. "

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I grabbed the nearest thing and threw it his direction, standing up and making my way out my room.

"Aw c'mon Mila, you're taking this way out of proportion." Ryder followed not far behind.

"Out of proportion? Feeding me straight from your arm is taking things out of proportion!?" I turned around to smack right into his chest.

"Yes." Ryder said with ease.

"Ugh!"

"If feeding you my blood is something really delicate for you to handle, next time I'll let you convulse in pain." Ryder uttered zooming past me and taking a seat in the living room.

"You drank from him?"

***

Early update because I dunno when I'll update.