41. Play

Camila

Music, I had learned was an extension of who I was. Even with amnesia, my mind unconsciously still held onto my musical talent. So here I sat, my fingers dancing with the keys of the piano, creating music that was new to me. I felt his eyes watch over my shoulder as I played to the rhythm he had hummed minutes before.

"I think I got it," I mentioned. I continued to play waiting for him to once again begin singing.

"Harry?" I looked up, staring up at the boy who was dazed out. He was in a whole different world which made me curious. I knew that look. He was remembering something.

"Harry..." I whispered his name trying not to startle him out of his memory. He blinked a few times before he came back.

"Oh, um..." he listened to the tune for a few seconds and soon his voice joined in, " Not even the gods above. Can separate the two of us. No, nothing can come between..." I let myself be lured into the music. His voice and the melody created by the piano entwined, I could not tell where he began nor where I ended.

"Woah." We both murmured once it all came to a end. I kept my eyes on my hands, mentally telling myself to breathe evenly.

"Yeah." Harry uttered as he exhaled heavily. He slowly took the empty seat next to me, neither one of us exchanging a glance.

"Is this the one we'll be doing together?" I questioned. Harry nodded. I didn't know whether to continue the small talk or make my way out. I didn't have to make a decision because Harry finally choose to speak.

"I don't think we need to try any other song. This one is perfect," Harry chuckled as he brushed a hand through his hair, "If I would've known you could play like this- if we had known you- I--we would have had you play the song for the album." At the sound of a compliment I couldn't help but smile.

"In other circumstances, I would have like to have done a duet with you too." I thought it was best to return the compliment. He turned to look at me and he offered me his smile that spread from dimple to dimple.

"It really sucks that the album is done and all the wait is to release it," Harry mentioned, frowning.

"It's alright Harry. We can always work on a song for my album. My first album was a cover album," I explained. Harry nodded.

"I really liked the song you played earlier. Do you recall the lyrics?" Harry asked, genuinely concerned with her memory.

"No. I don't. I'm actually waiting for Ryder to wake, so that he could help me figure it out." Harry kept his expression of distaste from her sight.

"Yeah, well I have to get going. Ryder, might worry if he wakes up and I'm gone..." I said remembering how worrisome Ryder could be. Harry opened his mouth to say something. But retracted from speaking. I got up from my seat walking out quickly.

"Are you and Ryder-- are you mated?" Harry tumbled over his words. I stopped walking at the sound of his question. I turned my head, letting my eyes lock with his.

"My mate is dead." I said blatantly. It wasn't because his question had stirred my emotions. In fact, I didn't know what had caused me to say what I had.

"Sorry, I didn't mean-" I cut Harry short.

"Truth be told, Harry, no ones sorry will ever make his death any better. He died, that's the truth. It hurts, but keep yourself from saying sorry. Sorry doesn't make the pain go away. It doesn't fix anything-" Harry interjected.

"I was apologizing for prying into delicate matters." Harry rubbed the back of his neck, he did his best not fidget under my stare. I kept myself from chuckling. Delicate matters, that's what they were calling it. I sighed, ignoring his choice of words.

"I'll catch you later, Styles. You have my number if anything," I turned around quickly, not fast enough to be able to catch the expression of shock Harry had on his face. Walking out the room, I came to realize that it had been the very first time I had interacted with Harry, on a one to one basis and I had enjoyed. Well, most of it. It was the way most things occurred with them-- there was always that one thing that would ruin the mood. When they tried to sympathize with me, or when they chose to involve Ryder into conversations, everything usually went down the drain. Much like when Zayn happened to be around. Oh, how he made me want-

"Ooph." I stumbled, almost falling back. But a hand had grabbed my arm second before I could find my balance.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention-" he stopped talking once he recognized who he had bumped into.

"It's alright. I wasn't paying attention either." I said. I gave him a quick glance before I kept my way and I would have been on my way if it weren't for his mumbling.

"Don't go..." I stopped and waited for acknowledgement that he was speaking to me.

"Please..." He continued not moving from his post. I looked from the corner of my eye and saw that he was in fact staring at me. I gulped, feeling nervous, especially at the request.

"Okay. What's up?" I turned around slowly, precautions taken because this was not something I was use to.

"You are real," he inhaled heavily, his stare not wavering. I narrowed my eyes at him, confusion building.

"I think I'm pretty real," I retorted and he chuckled. I took notice, a tear. A tear had fallen as he had chuckled. His eyes watered and I felt myself out of place. I was the one person who didn't know how to act around them, especially in moments like this.

"Yeah. I've missed you," he began to take several steps forward, coming closer. I took a quick of my surrounding hoping he was speaking to someone behind me. Not a soul in sight.

"I've always been here," I played off his last words. I had no clue what was going on. Whether he was playing some twisted game or he was having some nervous break down. Either way I had to play along, for both our sakes.

"I know. I know. I did this, right," he stood only a foot away, his piercing eyes staring into mine. I looked away momentarily but in the end my eyes settled to return the gaze.

"Did what?" I asked afraid that if I didn't indulge he'd try to move closer. He ran his fingers through disheveled hair and sighed.

"So it wasn't me. Was it Zayn?" There was urgency in his voice. He needed an answer and I didn't know what he was referring to. I didn't even think he even knew who he was talking to.

"I don't know. I'm really not sure," I answered. It was the only safe thing to say. He huffed and closed his eyes.

"I'm really glad you're here." His eyes fluttered open and he closed the space between us and he pulled me into an embrace. He held me tight nuzzling my neck. I tried to pull away. This had gone too far.

"Louis-" I called him. He stopped pulling back enough so that his hands still held me by my shoulders.

"Yes, love?" He stood there, his eyes a bright grey that meddled with my mind.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my vision blurred as I continue to gaze into the endless meadows of ash.

"I'm okay now that you're here." Louis answered and returned to hold me against his chest. I let myself be enveloped in his arms. I blinked several times trying to fix my sight. But everything became incoherent. My head began to throb and my legs gave under me.

"Louis," I gasped as I fell to the pain. Flashes passed through and I scrunched my eyes shut.

"Kenzie- no, what's wrong. Kenzie!"

****
Poor confused kid. I feel sorry for Louis. He's too wrapped up in his head. What did you think? I Forgot all about the update I owed. But here it is. Both a Harry and Louis moment. Comment.