34. Hallucination

Third Person

"Now..." a women briefly introduced scrolled through her phone rather quickly, "we're only a few minutes behind schedule. No biggy." Despite how hard she tried to sound fine, her voice came out strained. It wasn't fine. She had been hired to manage the acts and to follow the schedule to the dot and at the moment she couldn't even manage to get to the parking lot where the tour buses were waiting for them.

"Janice, right?" Liam who couldn't help but notice the panic that was going through their new tour manager broke through the silence. The manager who kept her eyes glued on the phone she held tight between her manicured fingers looked up.

"Yes."

"Don't stress it. The next stop from the bus is alway a hotel and we're always given some time to settle in. A few minutes of delay won't cause much a havoc. Right guys," Liam nudge Louis who sat next to him. Louis who had been rather entertained staring out the window gave a brief yes, not caring to look at either of them. He wasn't the only one not caring to even pretend that they were paying attention to the tour manager. Zayn sat in the far corner the limo by himself, where the light concealed the mere fact that he wasn't mentally in the limo. Mentally he was back in his room, staring back at hazel eyes that were permanently removed from the physical world. Ones that were eternally engraved into his mind.

It had only been a few minutes. Just a few and what had he done, nothing. His brain had forgotten how put words together and he had stood there before her silent. His heart mute as it had always been, the one thing he knew best, had momentarily beated. The one thing he had been capable of doing was holding that piece of her, a sole item no one knew he still had possession over, sat on the bottom of his pocket his fingers fiddling with it.

"Zayn." It had only been a whisper and every part of his body had felt it. She had walked towards him, caressed his cheek and tears burned as they fell.

"Zayn, I miss you." Her voice seemed so real. She seemed so tangible and how he yearned to be able to move and touch her. She laughed slightly at the end, her own tears rolling down her cheeks
"I- I love you," were the first words he had been capable of articulating and she had responded with a smile, her hand falling back to her side.

"You still have my phone," she had pointed to the hand that still rested inside his pocket and suddenly he was no longer frozen. He pulled the item out of his pocket deliberately, fearing that if he took it out too quickly she would disappear.

"I- I couldn't- you forgot it back in the hotel," Zayn began to explain but soon fell back into his silent stupor.

"I didn't forget it." Zayn who had let himself be enraptured by her presence, became alarmed by the revelation.

"You didn't forget it?"He had questioned. How he wished he had been capable of speaking the moment he had laid eyes on her and told her the extent of his love. But he hadn't and that was what troubled him.

"I left it there." She had walked so close to him, so close he thought he could smell her-- that he could hold her. He had, now he was sure of it.

"Why?"He had asked her as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I wanted to leave you with..." her voice had begun to fade, she had begun to fade. But she tried everything to give Zayn the answer.

"I wanted to leave-- to leave-- memories. Memories." As she faded into nothingness, into thin air between his arms, he had been left even more confused. Thus, he sat there alone in his corner, his inaudible thoughts festering in the silence with the remnants of his memories.