Extra - Camila

Third Person

A few months had passed since Camila had attempted to end her life with the remnants of a broken frame. It seemed more like a meaningless nightmare and nothing more as they all sat around lazily in the quarters of their living room.

"Yo, Ryder, has the old man spoken to you yet?" Zayn who was nose deep in his phone asked. No one in the room had forgiven Simon for what he had done. How could they seeing that they were lied to in the most formidable way? Ryder who was flicking through the channels not the least bit entertained turned to look at the others.

"This morning actually." Ryder doted. The others hearing the news stopped what they were doing and placed their all their attention on Ryder.

"What did he say?" Liam asked seeing that the others weren't any closer to speaking.

"Payne, I'm not getting paid to be the messenger. You want to know what he said call him." Ryder uttered as he continued to mindlessly flick through the channels. Liam opened his mouth to speak and stopped himself at the end. Ryder was right, he wasn't their messenger and like the rest of them he had reason to be mad at Simon.

"You're living with us. What more do you want?" Niall mentioned. That poked Ryder's interest. He placed the remote control aside and stared back at the vampire who sat on the floor with his guitar, a pencil between his lips and a ratty notebook beside his leg.

"I'm living here on Mila's account not yours. And referring to what I want, you know what I want." Ryder got up from his seat not wasting anymore of his time seated among the other five. They could all live together in some form of harmony but a room could only hold so much testosterone and subtle hostility.

"No," Louis who hadn't really paid much mind to them muttered under his breath, almost a growl. Everyone turned to him. Louis felt their looming stares and he refused to look at any of them letting his gaze fall on Ryder's back. Ryder played the disinterest guy and continued his stroll to the kitchen.

"Did you hear me? I said no." Louis raised his voice, standing up as he spoke. Ryder continued to ignore him. The routine was getting boring. Almost everyday it seemed that one of them found themselves ticked off by Ryder's meer existence and then he would for the heck of it mention what it would take to get him out of the picture. Ultimately, one of them would get riled up, that's the sole thing that did change in the endless cycle. Today, it was Louis. Ryder knew exactly how this would end, neither one of them giving up a slither of their territory. A stalemate.

"We're not giving up, Mackenzie, to you," Louis flashed into the kitchen right at the same time Ryder taken the pitcher of orange juice out of the refrigerator. Louis grabbed Ryder by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the metallic door, causing some of the juice to splash all over them.

"Camila, you mean," Ryder watched Louis with amusement, a smirk making it obvious. Louis slapped the pitcher with all the power he had riled up, the pitcher shattering into pieces decorating the tiled floor with crystals and orange juice.

"Mackenzie didn't choose you," Louis spat his face closer to Ryder's than it had been before. Ryder cocked his head to the side not caring in the least bit what Louis had to say.

"Camila didn't choose you either," Ryder noted. Louis even more infuriated, triggered his vampiric side. Fangs elongated, eyes shifting gradually into an eternal black, he was ready to extinguish the sole person who stood between him and his perfect ending.

"Louis! Back off," Liam and the others rushed in, two on either side of him, pulling him away from Ryder who wasn't even in the least bit fazed by Louis or his threatening visage.