52. Amour

Camila

Opening my eyes to the comfort of chestnut warm eyes, gave me the security that I needed that everything would be fine. There wasn't a thing that could possibly happen that could ruin what I had made a permanent part of my life. He was enough for me- Ryder.

"Morning, Mila," Ryder inched forward but stopped himself just as his lips hovered above my forehead and flashed out of the room.

"Ryder?" I used my elbows to prop myself up, confused as to why Ryder had left . Mumbling resounded from the bathroom and in curiosity I swung my legs over the edge of the bed.

"C'mere," Ryder mumbled and I dashed into the bathroom without another thought.

"Ryder, what's-" My thoughts were interrupted when I took a look at Ryder who was brushing his teeth, the mixture of the dilute tooth paste and suds, decorating the edges of his lips. I giggled at the sight.

"It's funny, huh," Ryder took a step forward in return I took a step back.

"You have minty suds all over your lips," I pointed out and he rolled his eyes taking another step towards me. Once again I took another step back, ultimately there was no where else to go and I stood between a bare chest Ryder with my back towards the door.

"What are you doing?" I pressed my hands on Ryder's chest, pushing him back, or at least tried to. But it was no use, Ryder kept his stance, a smirk evident.

"I can't kiss my girlfriend good morning?" Ryder leaned down, his minty suds infested face, looming closer to my face.

"Not with that on your face," I took the opportunity to flash our from under Ryder and settled in front of the second sink, ready to brush my own teeth.

"Fine." Ryder pouted trying to coax me into letting him kiss me with toothpaste bubbles all over his mouth. I just shook my head no, continuing to brush my own teeth. Seeing that I wouldn't budge, he went on to finish brushing his teeth, wiping his mouth clean with water.

"I think..." Ryder murmured as he kept his eyes locked on me. I watched him from the corner of my eye. He stood behind me, his arms snaking their way around my waist as I spitted out the last rinse.

"I should be granted to kiss you until I feel satisfied, since I wasn't allowed to kiss my girlfriend good morning," Ryder whispered into my ear, placing a tender kiss millimeters below. I felt my knees grow weak and I was glad Ryder was holding close to him. I could grow accustom to mornings like this. Ryder left a trail of kisses from my neck looming closer to my lips. I awaited for the imminent heated kiss, but it didn't come. My eyes fluttered open, Ryder had in the process turned me around so that I faced him.

"Mila?" He cupped my face with his hands, his thumbs tracing the outskirts of my lips. I saw his desire. But I could also see that something was holding him back. His forehead was scrunched up in thought.

"Yeah," my voice came out more of a whisper.

"I don't know how to say this. I don't want to scare you away. I- It's-" Ryder fumbled over his words becoming aggravated with himself by the minute as he couldn't come up with a way to tell me what he meant to tell me. Ryder dropped his hands to the side and turned away from me.

"What is it, Ry?" I didn't know whether to forcibly turn him around so that he looked at me, so instead I placed a hand on his shoulder. Ryder gave my hand a quick glance before he placed his right hand right above it.

"We've only known each other for so long and there are things that need time to be said- I- forget it. I can't." Ryder shook his head, losing courage, ultimately giving up on telling what he had to say. But he didn't need to speak for me to realize what he wanted to say. His hesitance, and how he became troubled by his unsaid words, that was all I needed. It was in that undying silence, in the exchange of unsaid words, that I knew his thoughts. I was willing to pronounce them for the both of us.