47. Accomplice

Camila

"I don't think you should be here when he wakes," I uttered as watched over the unconscious vampire lying on his bed.

"You shouldn't be here either. We don't know how he'll wake up." The vampire waited at the entrance of the room leaning onto the side of the door frame. The way he scrunched up his forehead was a clue to knowing he was thinking much deeper into the situation.

"I'm not going anywhere until one of you tells me what's going on?" I was stubborn. I knew it. They weren't go to so easily brush this whole thing away like it never happened. Especially since the first time they tried to brush it away ended up with two unconscious vampires. The vampire kept silent.

"Who's Kenzie?" I asked. Her name was a taboo. Everytime it was mentioned the others seem to either glare at me or head off into a different world. My efforts in trying to understand what was going on were futile. I turned away from him giving my attention to the vampire lying in bed. He was still as he had been for the hour or so until now.

"Liam, leave. " I snapped Liam out of his daze. He blinked a few times before he came to reality.

"I'm not leaving. You're not safe. He's unstable." Liam walked in, making his way towards me possibly ready to extract me from the premises.

"He won't hurt me. Louis thinks you all betrayed him. You had him locked up. He will hurt you." The hand that I had placed on the bed, no longer lied there on its own. A hand intertwined with mine and urgency ran through my body.

"You have to leave, Liam. I think- we both know I am the only one that can help. Let me help him," I pleaded. Liam had to leave. I couldn't bare see them attack each other. Liam stood there, silent once more. He looked at me, an expression of confusion passed through him.

"Louis loves Kenzie. He thinks you're Kenzie. If you plan on taking responsibility of him, I hope you don't leave him when he most needs you." Liam was serious. He was waiting for a reply.

"Who is she suppose to be?" I asked. I ignored Liam's warning. I've heard her name plenty of times. I knew she was my best friend. But I never knew what she meant to him-- what she meant to any of them.

"She's our mate." He said. He swiveled on his heel dashing out the room not waiting for another comment.

"And she's dead." I murmured to myself. That was explanation enough for me. A dead mate- my mate was dead and I had tried to kill myself. Their mate was dead as well and they all happen to keep themselves in check all but Louis. Louis had lost control of his emotions. No one had noticed. Now he lied in bed his mind playing tricks on him- his mind not his own.

"Kenzie..." Louis mumbled as his eyelids fluttered opened. I sat there carefully examining him. Soon he'd recall what had happened and he'd want to run out to get revenge.

"Louis, please don't go after them. Please I don't want to see anyone else get hurt. I'm here..." Gazing at him, he propped himself up paying attention to me, his hand still holding my own, "shouldn't that be enough?" Louis blinked a few times, registering what I had said. He clenched his jaw in what I assume as his memories trickling in. I squeeze his hand. His eyes trailed down his hand and stared at our fingers interlaced.

"You're here with me," he murmured, his eyes rising to meet my own. I tried to stay focus on the issue at hand. I had to keep on with Louis' little fantasy, "it's more than enough." He exhaled deeply, all the tension vaporizing. I let out a mental sigh.

"Are you hungry?" I asked well aware that he probably hadn't been feed yet. Louis kept silent.

"Louis?"