REVELATON

____

____

Soon after the games, the truth was revealed. Whether or not people accepted it was a whole other situation. Sirius was waiting for Harry in Dumbledore's office, waiting or see his Godson as he paced the room. After a moment Harry walked in and embraced the older man, no longer crying. He had somehow managed to run out of tears in the time after. He spoke to Sirius and Dumbledore's about what happened.

He told them what he saw.

"Theodore's father was there...as well as Lucius Malfoy." He muttered, his chest tightening as the question of whether or not she knew about it bothered him.

Dumbledore narrowed his eyes, "I can assure you Mr. Potter, the thought of who her parents were was always present in her mind—pushed away so she wouldn't have to think of it. I imagine now she's got a choice to make." He said softly.

How did he know that, Harry thought but said nothing. They went on to talk and connect the dots, forming a conclusive idea of how things unrolled before Dumbledore gave Harry a minute alone with Sirius.

"It's started again," Sirius whispered, "And I'm sorry I can't be there for you the way that you need—"

"You've been more than enough," Harry reassured, "I promise you. I'm just...worried." He whispered, slumping down in a chair.

Sirius did the same, "About what?" He asked, though judging by the look on his face he could guess what. "A certain...Malfoy?"

Harry's face drained of color, "Well...well yes but—"

Sirius offered him a smile, "It's okay." He said, "I too was once allied to a complicated being—in fact I was it. But she's fighting an internal battle only she will know what to do with. One I went through, one my brother did as well." He said somberly, "But whatever happens it isn't your fault."

Harry nodded, thinking about what he was saying. Sirius turned out to be on their side, maybe she would to. But if she did, she would get disowned just like he was, that scared Harry.

"Before I go, I have to tell you something." Sirius said as he reached behind him and pulled out a single leaf. "This was on her the day the cave incident happened."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, recognizing it, "This is from Amortenia." He muttered.

Sirius embraced him once more and winked at him before turning into his dog form just in time as the doors opened and in came the Minister or Magic already leaking with denial.

For the next couple of days, Harry spent sulking in his room grieving for his fallen friend and thinking about what Sirius had told him. He held the leaf in his hand, looking out of the window before he heard the door open.