THE DRAGON

___

___

The next couple of weeks everyone was anticipating the first challenge. Ethaline was no exception. She had heard glorious stories from surging champions as well as the ones her father told.

She was truly excited.

"Ethy if I paid you with kisses, would you do my homework for Snape?" Theo asked, as they walked side by side with Pansy who was occupied glaring at the people who wouldn't move their way.

Ethaline stood in the middle of them, "You could give me hundreds of galleons and I'd still say no." She said as Theo groaned.

"The man adores you, and hates me. Please," he begged as Draco waltzed over to them, pushing a first year into a wall, his hand rested in his pockets, gripping something.

"Ethaline! I've been looking for you." He said as he grabbed her arm. "you have a way of slipping about without getting caught." He said with a small smile.

Ethaline greeted her twin, "What's the matter Draco?" She asked softly.

He gave her a nervous look as they walked away to a white corner, "I wish...I could tell you this differently, but mother wrote." He whispered, his eyes darting back every once in a while, as he handed her the letter.

Everything is going to change, be cautious and enjoy this year.

With love,

Your mother.

As she read it her hands shook, "What does she mean?" She whispered as Draco refrained from telling her the truth. "Just...." Draco tried to form the words; he really did.

Ethaline lit the letter up, her wand aimed at it as she uttered the spell before it erupted into flames in her hand and disappearing. "I know." Ethaline said before the two went to their classes.

The day dragged on longer than before, the corner of her lips never curling up to a smile from neither Theo or Pansy despite their best efforts. She just kept her head down and took notes like a good student.

Sitting next to Harry Potter wasn't difficult, she just pretended he wasn't there. Especially because she was busy trying to get Theo to stop sending her notes.
She crumpled another one, biting her lip after she had read it. You have the prettiest side profile, it had said. Another one said, did you get a new skirt?

"When you're done flirting with your boyfriend," Harry whispered next to her, "You should turn to page 47, we're on the second paragraph."

Ethaline's face turned even more red as she gripped her book and looked away, her blonde hair falling in front of her face for a second. "He's not my boyfriend." She replied quietly, following along with the class.