NEW BEGININGS

____

____

The departure of Ethaline Florence Malfoy took a toll on the Malfoy household. Lucius was under a hot seat, forced to lie as he tried to figure out a way to get her back. Whether it was the Imperius Curse or another potion from Theodore Knott. 

It didn't matter. 

Nobody knew about her departure, neither that she had chosen the opposing side. They intended to keep their standing no matter the cause. Theodore Knott was not happy that she was gone, the thought of her hating him haunting him. 

Meanwhile Draco and Pansy had broken up. 

"You knew all along she was being manipulated—Theo's a fucking pig and so are you." 

No words were exchanged between Theo and Draco, instead a duel was in place that led to Theodore's broken ribs and uneasy eyesight. Still, per Lucius request he remained at the Manor to aid him. 

Dead or alive Lucius was going to have his traitorous daughter back.

Meanwhile, said traitorous daughter was at Hogwarts. She explained her situation to Dumbledore who always had his door opened for those who needed it. The castle was empty, leaving her and her dragon alone. 

Azura. 

That was her name, queen of the night sky as the two spent days overlooking populated cities to get back to Hogwarts. She never got the chance to actually go down there considering she was riding a dragon. 

She, of course wanted to see the others in Romania, they were eager to see her, but she wouldn't make the trip. She couldn't, she had never been alone the way she was now and the reality was sitting in with her. 

Ethaline laid on the back of the sleeping dragon, a book in hand as she listened to the light snores of Azura. She was in deep thought, recalling the harsh night before where she spent hours crying in the bathroom of her new room outside the Slytherin house.

Dumbledore thought it was what to keep the peace and to keep her safe.

"Oh god." She choked as she looked down at her body, only covered in bra and underwear as flashes of her night with Theodore came and went. 

A sob escaped her lips as she fell to the ground, holding herself tightly while Azura leaned on the window begging to be let in by her as she felt the emotional pull to Amethyst. 

Ethaline shook her head, "Me solum relinquatis: Azura." She cried out, "Go!" 

The dragon whined but obeyed, inching away from the window and laying on the ground just outside her new tower that was made for guests who stayed at Hogwarts. The mere thought of Theo made her want to throw up, her mind whizzing with harsh flashes as she recalled her first time. Her first kiss. Her first date—it had all been under the influence.