THE FIFTH YEAR

___

___

Harry Potter spent all night tossing and turning, his mind wondering from his own problems to the girls sleeping just next door of him. He wanted to so badly pound Theo into the ground for what he did to Ethaline, same thing with Pansy and Draco. He hated him like he had hated no one else in his entire life.

The next few days with her were better. There were less awkward exchanges between them and she smiled more often at him. Of course, there were moments in which she flinched at his touch but she was slowly warming up to him.

They were becoming...friends. True friends.

Sirius and Lupin couldn't help but tease him about it the day leading up to his trial.

"Oh I've seen you and Ethy have grown close." Sirius said as he walked into the kitchen in his usual robes. "How wonderful."

Harry groaned, "It's seven in the morning why are you doing this to me?" as he looked down at the wooden table.

"He isn't doing nothing—speaking of nothing what have you got planned to do this beautiful day with our lovely guest?" Lupin asked, a small smirk on his face, "Perhaps another trip to the roof?"

Ethaline walked into the room wearing a silver dress as her hair laid neatly and perfectly, "In this heat? Goodness no." She said as she reached over and grabbed an apple. "I know what you're doing." She said while pointing an accusing finger. "And it terrible."

Ethaline took a bite out of her apple.

"What little old us?" Sirius asked in a faux innocent voice as he touched his chest in mock offense.

   Remus grinned holding his hands up in surrender. "Don't know what you're on about."

Harry scoffed lightly, "We know what you're insinuating and we are just friends. Now if you'll excuse me...I have to get ready for my trial."

Before Ethaline could stop herself she said, "But you haven't eaten your breakfast."

Her hand flew to her mouth as Sirius snorted and danced away, shaking his head. Meanwhile Harry blushed a deep bleed, "I'm not...not that hungry."

Ethaline didn't say anything to embarrassed to do so before rushing out of the room so she could go to the small library and pick up another book. Lupin chuckled, shaking his head before he told Harry he would make his breakfast and he should get ready.

After they ate together, Ethaline wished him luck and walked him to the door. "Dumbledore won't let anything happen to you." She reassured.

Harry sighed and nodded, a little nervous, "I'll see you soon."

Ethaline bit her lip and gave him one last encouraging smile before stepping aside for Arthur Weasley lead Harry out of the front door and towards the Muggle world.