A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS

____

____

Ethaline was allowed to bring her dragons inside as long as they were small and they behaved. Which contrary to popular belief they can be as they laid cuddled up against the fire place with their eyes closed, sleeping.

Meanwhile Ethaline and Harry spoke quietly to Remus, Tonks and Arthur about Draco by the couches.
The joyful laughter filling the dinning area as upstairs as everyone got ready for dinner in a couple of hours. Though they all seemed to be excited about the gifts.

Speaking of, Ethaline had planned in advance Harry's gift and made sure to make a quick trip to Hogsmeade to get everyone else a gift after Dumbledore and the letter Remus wrote broke the news that she was going to be at the Weasley's.

"I'm telling you," Harry said frustrated, "Snape is a death Eater. Ethaline and I heard him talking to Draco about an unbreakable vow he made."

Ethaline held Azura in her arms, petting her lightly like a lap dog as she snored quietly in her arms, smoke exhaling her nostrils.

"To question Snape's allegiance is to question Dumbledore's choices." Remus said shaking his head, "There has to be an explanation."

Arthur turned to Ethaline who looked at her other sleeping dragons, her mind working to decipher what Snape and Draco's meeting went before she recalled what Andromeda told her about her mother. "What do you think Ethaline?" Arthur asked, his tone serious.

Ethaline snapped back, her eyes growing a little as she registered what he just asked. He asked her, for her opinion willingly. Ethaline took a moment to collect her thought and looked at all of them, "While we shouldn't dismiss the notion of what Harry is implying," she said slowly, "I do offer another theory."

"And what's that?" Harry asked impatiently.

"My mother is growing desperate," Ethaline shrugged, "With my father in prison they are no longer safe in their own home and so if Draco took the dark mark then that means it's her attempt to keep him safe. Whatever task the noseless reptile has for him," Ethaline sighed, "Snape is probably trying to protect him."

Remus nodded slowly, thinking it over, "Yes I did notice that Severus had taken a liking to the Malfoy twins." He admitted, "Surely he thinks highly of the two of you."

Ethaline didn't look at Harry as she said the next part, "Snape became a friend when the first war occurred, shielding me from everything and at some point becoming a father figure."

"We don't know that—" Harry tried again.

"Harry," Ethaline snapped, "There's a lot we don't know! Why did you survive the death curse or why you're the key to all of this. We don't know why Severus even broke ranks and joined the Order. We don't know why Dumbledore speaks in riddles or why he isn't here to help fill in the blanks!"