A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

___

___

The training of the Slytherin's was easier than Ethaline thought, every other day they met downstairs behind the castle at the witching hour to train the small groups. She had learned everyone's name and had formed a connection with them. 

Henry continued to serve as her cover, their relationship strictly strategic as this all happened.

His friend group had adopted Ethaline, their relationships strengthening with every passing day, especially with Lizzie and Cassie. It was through them she learned unconditional friendship, a nonjudgmental one that she welcomed. 

In addition to this, she felt whole. She felt complete. The fulfillment of teaching and protecting her house mates made her feel powerful—just like the book had told her. She was meant for this. 

Harry of course didn't know as well as Neville and Luna. Ethaline attended their meetings like nothing had happened, the act of spreading herself thin not yet breaking her as she managed everything outside of school and her work. Henry was kind enough to help her with that, even if it was more work for him.

But they truly believed she was worth following and didn't care about the sacrifices they had to make as members. There were times Ethaline found herself comparing her situation to the royal hierarchy, Henry was her second in command while the girls worked to serve as her councilors. Amir was the eager to prove himself soldier who glued everyone together with his humor.  

So, on a rather cold and rainy Saturday, certain members were invited home for a gathering. Henry Greenwood had invited Ethaline as his date which was all off of her strategy. Ethaline didn't tell them about the order of the Phoenix, not yet willing to share that secret after assembling a certain level of trust. She wasn't going to set Dumbledore's separate operation in flames in case she went down. 

As the carriages arrived to the school Ethaline turned to Amir, Cassie, Lizzie and Henry. "Your only job is to receive as much information as possible." She whispered, "They'll surely be talking about the political climate around and they're bound to slip up." 

Amir nodded, "I also wrote to my uncle in Romania. He's the one that owns the rigs and approved your request." He said cryptically as Ethaline's gave lit up. 

"Thank you," she started, "Now off we go." 

Henry raced to grab her hand, leading her up the steps and climbing in after her before they closed the door behind him. They were heading over to Greenwood Manor as his parents were hosting a party. Ethaline wore a black dress, her hair resting neatly behind her as she kept her face straight. 

Once they arrived, they were escorted out, her arm was locked with Henry while the walked down the path. As they walked, they heard small whispers about Ethaline, her hair giving her away but it didn't matter, it was all a part of the plan.