LOSE CONTROL

____

____

Ethaline and Henry made their way over to the reception, her head held high as Henry held her arm. He opened the door for them, a smile on his face as everyone turned their heads to see who it was.

Their faces lit up when they saw it was Ethaline.

She politely greeted everyone, a smile on her face as she navigated through the light crowd. The party was very selective and most of the people had gone home for the Holidays. Including her friends, leaving Henry on his own.

"I'll get us some drinks," Henry said, letting her arm go, "Warm or cool Butterbeer?"

"Warm please." She said, glancing around and seeing Hermione with Cormac. Guess he got the hint, she thought before seeing Harry.

She felt her mood shift entirely, not even fully registering what he was wearing or how his hair was nearly combed making him look put together as there was a curly headed brunette with the biggest smile on her face.

Ethaline tried to control her breathing, not noticing Henry was back with their drinks. "Before you pounce," he started, "Drink some Butterbeer, I've added a little touch to mine but you're welcome to have it." He said showing her his flask hidden in his suit.

Ethaline clenched her jaw, grabbing the drink from his hands and taking a large gulp of it, the taste of fire whiskey hidden in the sweet drink. "Come on," Ethaline said, setting the glass down at their table, "We should say hi."

Henry smirked, he thought the night would be uneventful but somehow this was more entertaining to him. They made their way over slowly, "Didn't you have a thing with her?" Ethaline asked.

Henry inhaled sharply, "She has pretty hair." He defended quietly, making her smile slightly before her jealousy took over.

Harry raised an eyebrow as she stood in front of them with Henry, "Fancy seeing you here Henry, you didn't make the club I see."

Henry smirked, ignoring the jab he took at him, "Luckily when you have friends in high places, you need only ask and you get in..." he said cryptically, "Everywhere."

Harry clenched his jaw as Ethaline stuck her hand out, "Ethaline Malfoy, I'm sure you already knew that as I'm sure you know Henry."

Henry winked at her, "Pleasure seeing you again."

Ramilda nodded, "Hello, you obviously know my date, Harry."