forty five|secret dinners

The Originals S3:E6————————————

The Originals
S3:E6
————————————

"You ready?" Freya asked, receiving a nod in return.

Chanting a spell, Veronica closed her eyes as Freya astral projected them to Morocco. Hearing a familiar voice, the brunettes eyes fluttered open.

"I told you this was better than exchanging stuffy old letters." Rebekah smirked, raising a shot glass to her lips.

"Well, a drink with my sister beats sireline drama any day."

Rebekah, who was still in a witches body, poured the three of them another drink. While Freya caught her up with the most recent drama, Veronica couldn't help but let her eyes wander around the room. It was no doubt decorated colorfully and it brought the hybrid a calming feeling.

"Lucien has always been a pain in the ass. Though, he pales compared to that stuck-up twit Tristan."

"Oh, don't forget about Marcel's new book club. There's more members of The Strix in the Quarter every day."

Rebekah smiled pitifully at Veronica before sharing some news of her own.

"I might not be here much longer— I have a meeting with a Santería witch who may know the key to bringing back Kol."

"Would you look at that," Freya beamed, "We may bring the family back together after all."

"Now tell me, how are you managing with them?"

"Well, Niklaus and Elijah are on intermittent speaking terms... Which I've decided to consider progress!"

"And you're still not speaking to Klaus?" Rebekah questioned, turning her attention to the brunette.

Veronica shook her head, "My plan to avoid him for the next century still stands. I have been talking to Elijah, though."

"Just wait, my sisters. The weather will change. Now, I'm off to a witch rendezvous."

"Stay safe."

"Here's to family–" Rebekah said, raising her glass with the other two. "every bloody one of us."

As Veronica and Freya downed the liquid contents, they were soon brought back to the St. Louis Cathedral.

"I should get going, Alex needs me home so I can watch Hope while he goes to the bayou."

"Of course. And I'm happy for the pack, you know, what Davina did."

The brunette smiled in gratitude before exiting the cathedral and heading towards her car.