NINE|forgiveness

The Originals

S1:E10

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica sat at the kitchen table, the sounds of Cami's pained screams filling the apartment.

Cami had called her earlier that morning, asking her to come over for emotional support. When she arrived, Davina and Josh were already there. Veronica had never spoken to the young girl before, only hearing of her when she helped break the link between her and Sophie, but she knew Marcel liked to keep her close at all times. And judging by her face when Veronica walked in, she knew he had no clue where she was.

Giving Cami a moment to rest, Davina sank to the floor in front of Cami.

"You should start to feel, like, a weight lifting."

Josh looked around the room, "And your cheat sheets are about to make a lot more sense."

Veronica stood up, accidentally brushing a piece of paper off of the table. Josh reached forward, his hand hovering over the paper when he jerked it back in pain. Wincing at the sunlight that was shining over the paper, Veronica bent down as best as she could and sent Josh a grateful smile anyways.

Davina looked guilty, "I promise, as soon as the world stops hunting me, I will find the daylight ring spell."

In the couple of hours Veronica had been at the apartment, she got to know Davina a little bit better. When Veronica cooked for them and they took a small lunch break, they all talked and got to know each other more.

She learned about Davina's love for babies–seeing as the young girl rambled about how cute she'll be and how much she loved kids–how Josh became a vampire, and how well Cami knows Klaus and Marcel.

She never realized her friend and Klaus were close. Of course, he compelled and manipulated her to play his therapist, but Veronica wondered why he kept going back to her.

Looking at the note Veronica was now holding, Cami brought it into her own hands.

"I remember why I wrote this. I found a picture of Klaus and Marcel from 1919. Klaus compelled me to go out with Marcel, to spy on him. That's what he said yesterday before he told me to forget. I'm remembering."

Davina nodded, "Let's take you back some more."

As Davina continued the spell, she suddenly stopped. Veronica narrowed her eyes, watching as Davina's lips parted in shock.

"Why did you stop, I could almost see it," Cami gasped.

"Someone's practicing magic. They're trying to find me."

"Then we have to run," Cami said, rushing to her room. Seconds later, she came back with a duffel bag.

"There is no way to sneak me out of the Quarter. By now, everyone's looking for me– the witches, Marcel, Klaus."

"My uncle will know what to do."

Veronica bit her lip, "Cami–"

"–I mean, he has to know some of what's going on in this town, right?"

Davina sighed, "Cami, stop–"

"–Unless he's been compelled..."

"He knows." Veronica interrupted.

Cami furrowed her eyebrows, "What are you talking about?"

"He knows. He works with Marcel. They're practically friends. I hear them talk. He knows everything," Davina explained.