thirty eight|youth

Veronica anxiously played with a strand of her hair

Veronica anxiously played with a strand of her hair. After sitting in the car outside of Marcel's residency for almost ten minutes, the brunette was getting restless. Of course she could be patient most of the time, seeing as she has a young child, but her patience was running thin due to the urgency to leave the city as soon as possible.

With a sigh, the banshee turned her body in the passengers seat, looking at her daughter sleeping peacefully in the car seat with a bracelet secured around her wrist. Veronica smiled softly, placing a hand on her small and unnoticed bump while watching her daughters chest rise and fall.

Alex was currently inside talking to Marcel, getting together an escape plan to leave the city, similar to the one Marcel offered Veronica once before. While the brunette wanted to go inside and be apart of the
planning, she didn't have the heart to pick up Hope and risk waking her up.

The longer she stared at her daughter, her mind began to buzz with what felt like a million thoughts. Guilt started to slip into her brain for taking Hope away from Klaus and the rest of her family. She knew it wasn't right but at the end of the day, she had to do whatever it took to make sure her daughter is safe. Veronica was drawn out of her thoughts by the vibration of her phone in the cup holder. Quickly picking it up so it wouldn't cause too much noise, the brunette glanced down at the text on her screen.

 Quickly picking it up so it wouldn't cause too much noise, the brunette glanced down at the text on her screen

A small smile appeared back on Veronica's face. Evelyn Lacey.

Much like her younger sister, Veronica also grew up with a childhood friend that grew into a lover. However, unlike Elena, the banshee was actually in love.

The two had started dating in their freshman year of high school. At first, both girls were a bit hesitant. While they both knew well of their sexualities; Veronica being bisexual and Evelyn being a lesbian, they were still scared of how others would react. While both their families were accepting, teenagers their age could be quite hurtful. Along with that, they didn't want anything to change between them if they broke up. They had been inseparable their whole lives and didn't wanna risk losing their friendship over some silly breakup. After awhile, instead of caring about the what if's, Veronica grew impatient and decided to ask Evelyn out. The two dated until their junior year. While they didn't break up on bad terms, it felt awkward at first going back into a friendship after being in love with each other for almost three years. It had taken them almost four months to finally get past the awkward stage and become close friends again.

After Evelyn, Veronica had only one other high school romance and that was her former boyfriend. They had only dated for two months due to the fact of the brunette not being able to see a future with him. At the time, that's what Veronica convinced herself. But as time went on, she realized it was because no one could ever be Evelyn. The woman didn't think she could ever love anyone the way she loved her. After all, she was her first love. Her first everything.

As soon as Veronica understood that she still had feelings for Evelyn, she rushed to her house, eager to pour her heart out. Unfortunately, as soon as the brunette arrived, Evelyn had news to share as well. The girl had moved on and found a bubbly blonde, who Veronica thought resembled Caroline way too well, from the next town over to give her heart to. After finally realizing that the likeliness of the two dating again was fairly low, the brunette put on a smile and told her best friend how happy she was for her.

Ever since that day, Veronica had barely shown her heart to anyone. She didn't fall for boys or girls anymore and had no interest in dating. To anyone, it might've seemed silly. Why lock up your feelings just because someone moved on? But to Veronica, Evelyn wasn't just someone. She was her best friend and first love, her Evie. It had hurt her to see her move on when she struggled to do so. Of course, now her rule has changed seeing as she's married and has a child and a baby on the way, but if she had never met the people she knew now, Veronica isn't so sure she would've let anyone else in.

The banshee quickly responded to her text, their ongoing conversation taking the dread out of waiting for Alex to come back. While Veronica had clearly moved on and is more than happy now, a part of her heart still holds a special place for her first love. Of course, she was not in love with Evelyn anymore, but she still cared deeply for her in a small romantic and friendly sense. The brunette used to beat herself up about it, thinking she was somehow hurting Alex by still caring for another women. Instead of ignoring her problems like she usually did, she had told her then-boyfriend-but-now-husband about it and he claimed to not be bothered by it.

Much to Veronica's relief, Evelyn was completely oblivious to the supernatural world. She knew she would have to tell her eventually, but the brunette knew the longer she didn't know, the safer she was. Even if it meant the human would end up hating her, Veronica would take that any day over risking her safety.

After another ten minutes went by, Alex finally returned to the car with a bag in his hands.

"What's in the totally not suspicious large, black bag?" Veronica questioned, shutting her phone off and sliding it back into the cup holder.

"Our runaway plan. Marcel promised he wouldn't tell a soul where we went and I know he won't break his vow. If not for me, then for you. He really cares about you, you know?" Alex spoke, taking his place in the drivers seat and pulling out of the parking lot.

Not knowing how to respond, the brunette flashed a small tightlipped smile, turning her head to look out the window. Forming the plan was the easy part, now staying away from an angry Klaus and a crazy aunt will keep Veronica on her toes much longer than she desired.

Veronica and Evelyn's theme song is Youth by Daughter...... they really are the lovers that went wrong

If you couldn't tell by the very hard to see icon in the photo and the gif, Evelyns fc is Katie McGrath! I personally love her and was super excited to use her in the story.

I'm not sure if I'll be adding Evelyn into more of the story. This chapter was just about showing you guys more about Veronica's sexuality and giving more of a backstory. If you want me to add more scenes, I'll be more than happy to but if you guys don't care too much for her, let me know!

Thank you for being patient with me about the very slow updates and always being supportive.

Also, this probably has a million typos but it's past midnight and I really wanted to post this!!!

xoxo