TEN|the harvest

The Originals

S1:E11

☄. *. ⋆

The sound of glass shattering and frantic murmurs had Veronica's eyes snapping open. Ignoring the bile running up her throat, she threw the blankets back and slipped out of bed.

Slipping on her favorite pink bunny slippers, Veronica hurried down the staircase and rushed into the living room.

"Is there an earthquake?"

"No," Klaus sighed, "Just Davina."

"I've seen her rock the church," Marcel said, eyeing the slippers before turning his attention away, "But I've never seen anything like this."

"How did you control her when she was in the attic?"

"I didn't have to. But then, I never killed her boyfriend."

Veronica shot a confused look at Elijah, who just shrugged in return.

"Yes, yes. We've been over this part already. The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches."

"She's not a tool," Veronica mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Something's wrong with her."

Elijah made a thoughtful face, "She has too much power that she cannot control. That much we already knew. But why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?"

Klaus watched as Elijah turned on his heel and made his way out of the compound.

"Where are you going?"

"This is witch business, so let's ask a witch."

Knowing the day was only going to get more hectic, Veronica turned on her own heel and made her way back up the stairs.

As her hand fell upon the doorknob, she felt a gush of wind behind her. Ignoring it, she pushed the door open and walked over to her dresser.

"Are you okay? Your face is flushed."

"I'm fine, just feeling a bit sick," Veronica said, picking up a shirt and throwing it onto the bed.

"No one's expecting you to play hero. You can rest if you're unwell."

When Veronica didn't reply and only focused her attention on the drawer filled with pants, Klaus sighed and moved to stand next to her. Reaching in, he pulled out a pair of black leggings, throwing it on the bed.

"I mean it, Veronica. If you're sick–"

"It's morning sickness, Klaus. Pretty much every pregnant person feels this way."

He stared at her, studying the slight bags under her eyes and the plumpness of her lips. Lifting a hand up, he pulled on a strand of hair.

"This needs to go soon."

Veronica shut her eyes, letting out a small groan of annoyance. She was very much aware of the faded pink, but didn't want to risk anything by dyeing her hair. So, for the next couple of months, she was stuck with it.

The ends of Klaus' lips tipped up. Dropping his hand, he sent her a singular nod and sped out of the room.

Staring at the spot where he once was, Veronica shook her thoughts away and began getting ready.

☄. *. ⋆

Hours later, Veronica sat next to Davina on the bed, rubbing her back as Rebekah explained what was happening.