EIGHT|betrayal

The Originals

S1:E8

☄. *. ⋆

"Why are we visiting Marcel?"

"Just trust me."

Veronica bit her lip, following behind Alex as he opened the gates to the compound.

The two met up for coffee earlier that day when Alex got a call. He returned to the table and told Veronica he wanted to bring her somewhere. When they arrived, Veronica was confused by the setting.

As soon as she stepped in, she noticed the group of vampires littering the compound. Recognizing a few familiar faces, she gave them small smiles as she followed Alex to where Marcel stood.

Marcel gestured to a chair that was next to him, "I'm sure you're still tired from yesterday. Take a seat, the meeting won't be long."

"Meeting?" She mumbled to herself, but sat down nonetheless.

"Now that Veronica is here, we can start. I'll keep this simple," He raised his hand, and someone came walking out of the shadows, "This kid is an old enemy of your favorite person Klaus. And he's got plenty to say about what that traitor son-of-a-bitch has been up to behind my back. Now, for those of you faint of heart, there's the door. Because those who stick around, you're signing up for battle."

Veronica looked back and forth between Tyler and Marcel. The vampire risked a look in her direction, and swallowed at the seething glare she sent him. He turned back to his vampires and nodded proudly when none of them left.

Tyler spoke up, "You all know Klaus wasn't always the hybrid. When he broke the curse that kept his werewolf side dormant, somewhere in all that, certain parts were now able to trump his vampire side. Like the ability to pass on the werewolf gene. That's where Veronica comes in. I know she's not a werewolf, but her kid will be. I've known her my whole life, and now she's knocked up with my enemy's child."

"Screw you," Veronica said at the same time as Diego's "What the hell is this?"

"Just listen."

"When Klaus became the hybrid, he figured out a way to turn full-bred werewolves into creatures like him," Tyler raised his hand, "You're looking at one of them. On the plus side, we had all the perks of being vampires. We're stronger, faster. And, the toxins in our bites could still kill a vampire. But on the downside, we were loyal to him. Like, supernaturally loyal.

"Right, and that's why you're here, spilling all his secrets?"

"That's the point," Veronica whispered, "You broke free of it, didn't you."

Tyler refused to look at her, "And I helped the rest of them too. Then Klaus killed them for their betrayal."

The sound of heels clicking against the floor filled the compound, "Because that is what Klaus does. Don't mind me, I'm fascinated by this story. Hello, Tyler."

He nodded, "Rebekah. Long time no see."

"What Tyler was about to tell you is that my brother can use his baby's blood to sire more hybrids. What you will all figure out is that vampires don't stand a chance. So, Tyler, I assume you were trying to rally this lot into making sure the baby isn't born."

"Yeah. You don't like it? Go on and take your brother's side. But you know I'm right."

"I believe you've mistaken the ladies' intentions."