thirty seven|a wolfs death

The Originals S2:E19——————————————

The Originals
S2:E19
——————————————

Veronica walked over to Alex and Jackson, Hope asleep in her arms.

"So the good news, Dahlia still doesn't know that we're here. Bad news? She's given us until tomorrow night, and then she's coming for Hope." The brunette spoke, rocking her daughter back and forth in worry.

"Which is why we need to get the hell out of here while we still can."

Veronica rolled her eyes, lowering her voice as the replied, "Alex as much as I want to run and keep my daughter safe, her father is still here. Her aunt and uncles are here I can't just take her away from them. Besides, no matter how far we go, she's still gonna be able to track us. Our only option is to stay here."

"Sure, this place is spelled, but we've seen bigger magic than this break. I say we run while we can." The male hybrid countered, his eyes filled with worry yet hinted with an eagerness to leave.

The brunette stared at her husband, and after what felt like hours, she finally shook her head.

"No. I'm not leaving. I can't do that to Klaus."

As Veronica walked away, Alex sighed before turning his attention to Jackson; speaking in a hushed voice.

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛

The couple sat on the floor, playing with Hope as they awaited Jackson's return.

The brunette had not known why he left, Alex simply saying he forgot something and Jackson offered to get it for him. While it could've been true, Veronica suspected he was lying. And soon, her theory would be proven true.

Before Hope could pick up another toy, green vines crept up the walls of the St. James Infirmary. Protectively swooping up Hope in her arms, Veronica quickly ran away from the vines, gulping as she turned to face Alex.

"The flowers growing, they're dahlias. She knows we're here."

Accidentally using her supernatural hearing, the banshee could hear the sound of Dahlia hurting the pack outside. As Veronica made eye contact with her husband, she knew he heard as well.

"Go hide, I'll try and fight her off when she comes in."

Frozen in her place, the brunette frantically shook her head.

"Yes, you have to go. You have Hope and you're carrying our child. Nothing bad can happen to either of you." Alex quickly spoke, placing a small bag in her hand and pushing the woman towards a hallway. "Put this on the floor then go and call for help."