THIRTEEN|family feud

The Originals

S1:E15

☄. *. ⋆

"So you stabbed him?" Veronica tilted her head, standing next to Elijah and staring down at the unconscious hybrid.

"Yes, and now I intend to remove it. You might want to step back."

"Why am I here? And where's Rebekah?"

"Because of all the people that could be here, you're probably the only one he wouldn't immediately slaughter," Elijah explained, slowly pulling the knife out of Klaus' chest. "Also, you're the mother of his child. I can see that you make him a better person."

Klaus groaned in pain, his eyelids squeezing together.

"A wonderful skill that I shall be counting on very shortly. You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. So, watch over him and feed him, if you would. But slowly, please, and from your wrist. You should know that by now."

"Don't you have blood bags you can give him? I'm not a blood source–plus I'm carrying a baby."

"We do, but I also know that since you moved in with my family, you've been adding vervain to your drinks. So, it will burn him. He'll ingest it slower. Perhaps you could use the time constructively? Persuade him not to murder Rebekah." Elijah spoke, then turned to Klaus. "Niklaus, it was not my desire to bring you pain, but I will not see you hurt Rebekah. Now, I fear Sabine will be making a final move against us. I intend to find her and to end this."

"Elijah. You will pay for this," Klaus whispered, weakly.

☄. *. ⋆

"So not how I imagined my afternoon." Veronica sighed, cutting her wrist with a small knife she found.

Veronica held her wrist out to Klaus, who shook his head.

"Just drink my blood, Dracula."

Klaus shot her a look, leaning forward. His plump lips touched her skin, as if giving her wrist a kiss before sinking his fangs into the soft flesh. Veronica bit her lip, trying not to display the stinging pain. As if noticing he was hurting her, Klaus withdrew.

"Doesn't the vervain burn," Veronica asked, patting her wrist dry with a cloth.

"As you may have yet to realize, Veronica, the line between what brings us pain and what sustains us is far thinner than one imagines."

"That's so dramatic," She whispered to herself.

"I can hear you."

Veronica scrunched her nose, "She's your sister. How can you hate her?"

"Because she has done what no one else has managed to do to me for 1,000 years... Rip my heart out."

"You're consumed by revenge you'll never achieve. Elijah implied Rebekah and Marcel could be anywhere in the world by now."

"Oh, I'm not so sure about that."

"Really? And why's that?"

"They'll need a cloaking spell, and for that, they'll need a witch. Plus, there's only one place they can go. Home."

Klaus threw the blankets away from his body, attempting to get out of bed.

Veronica rolled her eyes, catching Klaus and holding his body up before he could fall onto the floor. Ushering him back under the covers, she held a hand to his chest and gently pushed him back onto the pillows.