𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒|𝗏𝖺𝗆𝗉𝗂𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝖽𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋𝗌

The OriginalsS2:E12—————————

The Originals
S2:E12
—————————

Veronica stood by the lake, skipping small pebbles across the water.

"There you are. I was wondering if you left or not." Alex spoke, walking up next to the brunette.

"Thanks to your new werewolf hearing you'll be able to find me much easier now." The banshee joked, but let out a small sigh once she noticed a slight change in Alex's demeanor. "You can talk about it, you know. Taking a life isn't meant to be easy."

The male sent Veronica a small smile in return, interlocking their fingers together.

"Quite the romantic sentiment." A new voice spoke up, causing for the two lovers to quickly turn. "I wonder, however, if I might impose on this lovely tableau long enough to have a word with Veronica."

The brunette sighed, walking forward; only to be pulled back.

"It's okay." Veronica gently said, squeezing his shoulder. "I'll meet you at the apartment when I'm done."

Alex nodded, reluctantly letting go of the banshee and walking off. Not before sending Klaus a dirty look, though.

Once the male was out of supernatural hearing range, Klaus began his lecture he'd been practicing the walk over.

"Have you lost your mind? Are you seriously considering this preposterous truth-telling idiocy?"

"Actually, I'm kind of on the fence. I'm not fond of sharing much of my personal life."

"Well, allow me to make this simple for you-- under no circumstances will you divulge any family secrets, especially none that would endanger our child!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Except it's not that simple, Klaus. You saw what Finn did. He's growing more powerful by the day. Right now he controls over half of the wolves. This marriage could change that."

"The outcome of your strategy is not worth the risk it imposes on our daughter."

"Well, it's not a risk if I trust Alex."

"You've known him for a year! You can't possible trust him that easily."

"And I've known you for a year yet here we are." Veronica yelled back, "Klaus, think. We could have a whole army of super-wolves who could protect Hope as one of their own."

"Hope doesn't need a wolf army! I'll protect her myself! And an easier time I'll have of it, too, without you running off sharing secrets with every motley member of your werewolf and banshee brethren."

"Damnit, Klaus! This is our chance! We can bring her home. We have to at least consider this!"

"I have considered it, and I have deemed it absurd. And in this matter, there is no one above my decree, not even you."

"You seriously don't care about anyone else's feelings but your own, do you?" The brunette sighed, rubbing her temples from the yelling. "You can't tell me what to do all the time. It worked for nine months then it got old. Why can't you just trust me?"

Klaus stared at Veronica with a guilt expression. He took a step forward, removing her hands from her face and placing his own on her cheeks, forcing her to look up at him.

"I do trust you." The hybrid spoke in a soft voice. "More than you know."

Veronica gulped, closing her eyes and letting out a breath as she did so. However, once she opened them, the warmness on her cheeks disappeared and Klaus was gone.

While the brunettes first thought was how she should call Alex and say she was on her way, Klaus' was how foolish he was. He couldn't pull something like that while she was getting married. Any feelings he has for the woman had to be pushed away, erased and buried from his mind.

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛

Veronica turned the key to the wooden door, entering her apartment. As soon as she walked in, she saw Marcel sitting on the couch with binders scattered around the table.

"What are you doing in my apartment? And where is Alex?" The brunette questioned, furrowing her eyebrows as she lightly threw the key onto the counter.

"Alex had to go talk to Jackson about something. And well, without your knowledge, of course, I made some of my night walkers do research on wedding planning. You seemed so stressed with everything that I didn't want you to worry. Plus, I also didn't want to attend a half-put together wedding." Marcel joked, handing over a blue binder labeled 'Decor' once the banshee wandered over.

"You did this? All for me?"

"Of course. Believe it or not Roni, you're probably one of my closest friends."

Veronica smiled, letting out a small laugh and sat next to the vampire, flipping through the pages of the binders.

"Who knew male vampires had a knack for wedding planning and organization skills."

"Most of them didn't. I threatened to rip their hearts out if they didn't make it neat, though." Marcel causally stated, ignoring the look the banshee gave.

"Well, in that case." Veronica spoke, standing up and using her vampire speed. In less than a second, she returned with a case full of beer; which she one hundred percent stole due to her age, and some snacks. "Here's to wedding planning."

"To wedding planning." Marcel laughed, holding up the beer bottle and clinking it.

sorry for the long wait and short chapter!!

fun facts about this chapter:

-I was going to add Klaus beating up Alex because he didn't trust him marrying Veronica but I think we all know Klaus wouldn't do anything to hurt her 👀

-The last part was supposed to be Alex and Veronica but I love her and Marcel's friendship so much that I added him instead!!

Also Youngblood is so close to 100k! I seriously can't believe it.