forty two|the beach

Veronica chewed on her cheek anxiously, sitting on her couch staring at the clock in front of her

It had been a little over one month since she had found out her younger brother was indeed alive. The brunette was waiting for Jeremy to arrive at her apartment and although she was overjoyed, she couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. This whole time, she thought he was dead when in reality, he was thinking she didn't want to see him.

Veronica jumped up from her seat, speed walking over to the door that had just rang. Taking a deep breath, the hybrid opened the door; tears immediately springing to her eyes at the person in front of her. Wasting no time, Veronica jumped forward and squeezed the daylights out of her brother. Not seeming to mind, Jeremy hugged her back equally as hard.

"I can't believe it. You're really here."

The hunter let out a small laugh, pulling away from the hug and smiled down at his eldest sister. Although she was a few years older, he had grown to be taller than the woman. Veronica returned a toothy smile, grabbing Jeremy's wrist and leading him inside.

"The guest room is all ready for you and Elijah is dropping off Hope tomorrow for our beach day."

When figuring out what to do while Jeremy was here for three days, the two had decided it might be best to stay out of the quarter as much they could.

"I really wish I could've met Alex while I was here. From everything you told me, he seems like a great guy. It's shitty what Klaus did. I don't know how you could trust your daughter with him."

Veronica shrugged, taking a few snacks out of the cupboards and placing them on the table.

"Trust me, I hate Klaus and will gladly spend the rest of eternity or however many years I live ignoring him. But, no matter how I feel, Hope is his daughter too. It's easier to just coparent this way than start some war over her. I've been there and done that already and don't plan on going through it again."

Jeremy slightly winced, memories of what his sister told him going through his head. Klaus played a part in the death of her unborn child and if he were in her shoes, he wouldn't forgive the man either. Noticing his reaction, the brunette cleared her throat.

"It's over with. Let's talk about something else. Tell me everything I've missed! I barely let you get a word in on our calls. The drama here could be a Netflix show."

The hunter laughed, shaking his head before chatting the rest of the night away with his sister.

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛

"I would think you having a kid would make you less of a heavy sleeper." Was the first thing Veronica heard.

Fluttering her eyes open, the brunette scrunched her nose at Jeremy's face leaning over hers and his arms shaking her shoulders.