FIFTEEN|ignorance is bliss

The Originals

S1:E19

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica sat in the shack that was located in the bayou.

After waking up, she cleared her thoughts of last night. They were just thoughts caused by hormones, she told herself, you're fine.

Veronica sat on the floor with Juliet, a banshee she was introduced to while Alex sat on the small bed with Oliver, another banshee.

Alex told her to come by so he could properly introduce her to everyone. When meeting Juliet, a bubbly dark haired girl with almost grey eyes, Veronica was overwhelmed with questions. Juliet was eager to learn any baby names she had in mind, nursery updates, and birthing plans. When Veronica started stuttering, Juliet grabbed onto her hand and brought her into the shack to discuss "Birthing 101".

Veronica leaned back on her hands, "I guess this means no epidural, huh? You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? The place with the doctors and the drugs?"

Oliver laughed from his spot on the bed, "Calm down, the werewolves and banshees have been having babies out here before you were even born. You'll be fine."

"Trust me, when the time comes you'll know exactly what to do," Juliet smiled.

"Pardon the interruption," A voice said, appearing in the doorway, "I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising."

Veronica shot a confused look between Elijah and Alex. During her time here, no one had said anything about an uprising.

Looking guilty, Alex sent Veronica a small, apologetic smile before leaving the shack to call Jackson in.

As soon as the two came back, Elijah spoke his opinion.

"You're making a grave mistake."

Oliver rolled his eyes, "So, you're just worried about us. Is that it?"

"Look, Elijah. We know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse-"

"–your gift." Juliet sighed, cutting off Jackson.

"–Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after. Won't have to."

Veronica listened to the conversation closely. Uprising, rings that control curses. She felt extremely out of loop.

Elijah narrowed his eyes, "I see. There are those in the Quarter who will consider this a great provocation."

"Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way," Alex said.

"You signed a pledge, and you looked me in the eye as you did so." Elijah spoke, staring intently at Jackson.

"We don't want a fight, Elijah. We just want a better life."

"Allegiance with my brother will guarantee you anything but that."

Before anyone could reply, the sound of a motorbike filled the area. The wolves and banshees made their way to the unknown man on the bike.

"Which one of you is in charge?" The man asked.

"Who's asking." Alex said, crossing his arms over his chest.

However, before he could reply, Elijah sped over and grabbed the man by the arm, dragging him off of the bike. Seconds later, the motorbike exploded, sending everyone backwards.