𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈|𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗄𝗌𝗀𝗂𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀

Veronica hummed, placing the pan filled with rolls inside of the oven

"Why did I just get word that you've kicked everyone out of the kitchen?" Klaus exclaimed, storming into the room with Hope attached to his hip.

"I'm cooking." The brunette shrugged, not meeting the hybrids eyes.

"I quite literally compelled people to do that. Shouldn't you be spending time with your husband?"

"He's in the bayou this morning. He'll be by later for dinner."

Klaus narrowed his eyes at Veronica for a few moments before nodding and hesitantly walking out of the kitchen with Hope.

Once the hybrid was gone, the banshee sighed, ripping her gloves off and picking up her phone. Nothing. No new messages. The only one she had received today was from Matt Donovan.

Every year ever since she could remember, everyone sent each other a happy thanksgiving message. They would all have dinners with their families then meet up at the Mystic Grill, drink hot chocolates, and gossip about anything. But now, things were different.

Veronica was in New Orleans and everyone else was back in Mystic Falls, fighting whatever wandered through the town.

The brunette used to love the holidays. Unfortunately, her feelings faded away once her parents died. They were completely gone once Jeremy had died too, but she didn't know it then. Now, she does.

Of course, she has a new family now. The Mikaelsons, her daughter, Alex, Marcel, Davina, and Oliver had grown on her, but she missed her old family too.

Veronica shut her phone off and placed it to the side, shaking her head to try and clear her thoughts. She didn't need to dwell on the past any longer. If they didn't need her anymore, she didn't need them.

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛

"We need more utensils." The brunette instructed, watching as some compelled servers set the table. "And you're missing a plate! For the fifth time Rebekah said she was going to be here!"

"Veronica." Klaus yelled, trying to steer her away from the humans.

"They suck." The banshee sighed, rubbing her temples. "Completely useless."

"I know. How about you take a break and go pick out an outfit for Hope once she wakes up."

"Okay, fine. Make sure they don't mess anything up."

"I promise."

Klaus worriedly watched Veronica walk off. He knew she always wanted everything to look nice, but the brunette seemed different today.