thirty six|birthday surprises

The Originals S2:E18——————————

The Originals
S2:E18
——————————

Veronica walked alongside Alex while pushing Hope in her stroller down the streets of the French Quarter.

In celebration of the banshees birthday, the three were spending quality family time together.

"We should go into that store next. Pick out some stuff for the baby."

"One, it's a bit early for that. Two, we don't even know the gender yet." Veronica laughed.

As the two continued walking, they stopped upon seeing a violinist playing a song. The woman smiled, playing the tune for a little longer before dramatically ending.

"Thanks!" The brunette smiled, dropping some money in her violin case before continuing down the street.

Not even a second later, the violinist starts playing a much slower tune. Veronica furrowed her eyebrows, turning around to see that the woman was already looking in their direction.

Nervously meeting Alex's eyes, the two quicken their pace. Scanning her surroundings, the brunette sees a man writing on a chalkboard 'A promise made is a debt to be paid'. Before Veronica could consider using her vampire speed to get them out of there, the couple was stopped by a man holding a large, long-stemmed red and black flower in his hand.

"Flowers, miss." The man spoke, "A gift for the child."

"Uh, no, we're alright. Thank you." Alex stated, sensing his wife's discomfort.

"You sure? Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely."

Now feeling fully on edge, Veronica started waking past him, but the man grabs her tightly by the arm as both of his eyes turn pure white. Suddenly, Klaus appears out of nowhere and shoves the man against a light post, putting him in a chokehold.

"Show yourself, witch." The original growled.

As Klaus held onto the man, the brunette could feel Alex tensing up beside her. Turning her head, the woman gasped.

"Klaus!"

"I am here. I am everywhere. And I intend to take what is mine." Alex spoke in a monotone voice, both of his eyes the same pure white as the man with the flowers.

"It's her." Klaus sighed, instinctively pushing Veronica behind him.

The male groaned, confusion filling his previously white eyes, "Hey, what just happened?"