FIVE|babies in the bayou

The Originals

S1:E4

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica sat on the couch next to Agnes, shooting Rebekah desperate looks. In return, Rebekah hid her smile and focused on her computer.

"I told you Agnes, I feel fine!"

"You're overdue for a checkup."

"Fine, I'll call my doctor and warn her she might see a wolf tail in the scans."

Agnes rolled her eyes, "No, child. I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

"I'm not even a werewolf, why would we go to the Bayou?"

"You may not be, but your baby is. Just trust me on this, okay?"

"Rebekah, thoughts?" Veronica said, turning her head to the blonde.

"I think a lot of women would kill to have a child, so I would go to this bayou-baby-doctor."

Sighing, she nodded her head, "Okay, I'll go."

"Perfect, I'll pick you up later," Agnes smiled, patting Veronica's knee before she left the house.

With her legs hurting from sitting for so long, Veronica stood and walked over to where Rebekah was sitting. Peering over her shoulder, she looked at the satellite photos of the French Quarter displayed on the screen.

"If you want a new place to live, just take my apartment for now. I can't use it since ya know, I'm being held hostage here."

Rebekah laughed, "I'm looking to see where Elijah's being held. I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin."

Klaus walked into the room, raising a taunting eyebrow at his sister, "Well, that should narrow it down immensely. Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."

Veronica put her hands on her hips, "As usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother,"

"I prefer to think of it as killing two birds with one stone."

Veronica hummed, picking up her book from the couch and headed out of the room and into the kitchen.

As she placed the book on the counter, she ignored the presence lingering behind her. Pulling out some pancake mix from the cabinet, Veronica narrowed her eyes at Klaus.

"I like your notes, very intriguing."

"Stop going through my stuff."

"If we're being technical, love, it was mine first," Klaus watched as she prepared the batter, "Have you found anything important?"

She shrugged, "It's all important, but pretty outdated. I've been asking Alex some questions, but the book has been mostly helpful. Thanks, again."

"No need to thank me," Klaus cleared his throat, trying not to sound jealous, "So you've been talking to that boy? The one from the party?"

Veronica could hear Rebekah scoff from the other room, making her smile a little.

"He's not a boy. And yes, I have. Is that alright with you?"