thirty five|the test part 2

It had been an hour after Davina left

It had been an hour after Davina left. Veronica was sitting on the couch, anxiously waiting for Alex to come home.

She had just put Hope down for a nap so she currently had nothing to distract herself with. Alex was so good with Hope and it was clear he loved her as if she was his own, so that must mean he would want more, right?

The brunette sighed, unlocking her phone and opening Instagram. As she scrolled, images of Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline filled her page. She hadn't spoke to any of them since the fight with Caroline on Thanksgiving. Before Veronica could get anymore nostalgic, she received a notification and clicked on the text.

 Before Veronica could get anymore nostalgic, she received a notification and clicked on the text

The banshee sighed, dialing Rebekah's number; the original vampire answering immediately.

"Why is it every time you're pregnant I get told over the phone?" The blonde complained.

"I was planning on telling you, Bex. Just...after I told Alex."

"You haven't told him yet!"

"It's been an hour and I'm not going to text him the news! Besides, I don't know how he'll react. I'm sure he'll be supportive like he always is. But with everything going on, it just might not be the right timing."

"Nonsense. As much as I love my brother, Alex has stepped in as Hope's father. He's shown how much he adores her and will do anything for her. I'm sure he will do the same for your unborn child."

Veronica took in a deep breath, Rebekah's words relaxing her. "Thank you, Bex. You're busy so I'll let you go."

"Alright. Once all of this crazy stuff is over, I promise I'll throw you an epic baby shower." The original stated before ending the call.

Almost as if it were planned, Alex unlocked the apartment door and walked in as soon as Rebekah hung up.

"There's my wife." Alex smiled, strolling over to the brunette on the couch and giving her a small kiss on her cheek.

The male sensed something was off with Veronica. Noticing her avoiding eye contact, Alex sat down next to her on the couch.

"Is everything okay?"