forty six|holiday news

The Originals S3:E7—————————————

The Originals
S3:E7
—————————————

"Will you shut up already!"

After trying to ignore her phone's alarm for almost a minute now, Veronica had run out of patience.

Rolling over, the brunette grabbed her phone and slammed her finger on the 'Stop' button. Closing her eyes and enjoying the silence, her annoyance came flaring back a few seconds later when she got a message. Knowing she won't be able to fall back asleep any time soon, Veronica sighed and opened her eyes.

On her lock screen displayed several notifications. The one that had just popped up was from Matt, wishing her and her daughter a happy Thanksgiving; a tradition that they had since they were kids. Several ones underneath were from Klaus, to which Veronica ignored and scrolled past. Finally, reaching the last one, was a text from Caroline. The hybrid furrowed her eyebrows at the cryptic message, not understanding why the blonde would want her to call her.

Veronica slid out of bed, not needing to check the spot next to her. She had known that Alex never slept in their bed last night. She assumed he either crashed on the couch or slept on the rocking chair in Hope's room, but either way, that wasn't the most important thing on her mind. Heading into the bathroom, the brunette figured she could multitask as she got this call out of the way.

After only one ring, Caroline picked up.

"Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Happy Thanksgiving?" Veronica questioned, "You wanted me to call you as soon as I could just so you could say that?"

"No! There's something else! I just thought I should say that since it is Thanksgiving and–"

"It's fine, I got it. What did you want to say?"

Veronica could hear Caroline take a deep breath on the other line and she could already imagine the stressed look she had on her face.

"I'm pregnant with Alaric's twin babies and I need your advice."

The rushed out words almost caused the brunette whiplash. Picking up the dropped toothbrush from her sink, Veronica placed her elbows on the counter and covered her face with her hands. After a few seconds, a small series of laughs fluttered out.

"Caroline, if you wanted to reconnect or something that's a horrible way of getting my attention. You're a vampire, you can't have kids. And Alaric? Really? I mean I can't judge if you're into older guys because I literally slept with Klaus but..."

"I'm serious, Veronica! Jo, you know her, right? She was the one Alaric was marrying. Anyways, she was carrying the twins and apparently when she died, they were transferred to me. I know how crazy this sounds but it's true and I just found out last night. That's why I texted you. I needed to talk to someone who's been through all... this."